Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Passport renewal application is lost/missing can anyone help?

1 reply

HelpINeeedSomebody · 06/04/2022 11:57

Applied for renewal of dcs passport on 22nd Jan. i received a message to say passport application was approved on 28th February.
2nd March it said new passport was out for delivery.
I got the old passport back via TNT delivery but no sign of the new one.

Up until last week when I've tracked it online it said passport printed and we will notify you when it's out for delivery but today when I've checked it's now saying there are no details held for the application?!?!

I've tried multiple times to call and I've been put in a queue but then an automated message comes on to say there are too many people in the queue and it hangs up on me

I filled in an e-form last Thursday that said it responds within 72 hours and no response. Tearing my hair out here!

Can anyone advise at all or been in a similar situation?

OP posts:
Please
or

bestbeforedateexpired · 06/04/2022 12:22

About 4 years ago we had huge delays and no responses to our follow-ups. We contacted our MP's office who were surprisingly helpful and we then received the passport within 48 hours. I hope yours is on its way to you soon.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?