Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

How do you get a covid recovery pass..

9 replies

fruitandvegg · 04/04/2022 07:51

So I currently have covid, confirmed by multiple LFT. I've registered the test etc and had a confirmation saying but on nhs app it says positive by LFT; will this be accepted as covid recovery confirmation. DH tested positive couple of months ago and he has one but his says PCR

OP posts:
Please
or

JengaNonConfirming · 04/04/2022 07:53

I tested positive on an LFT and never had a recovery pass, my partner did, but he did a PCR test.

Please
or

fruitandvegg · 04/04/2022 07:55

Did they just accept your word for it for entry? That's similar to us, husband has proof as had pcr

OP posts:
Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 04/04/2022 08:05

It probably depends on your vaccination status and country of destination whether you actually need a one.

Please
or

CeeceeBloomingdale · 04/04/2022 08:05

It probably depends on your vaccination status and country of destination whether you actually need a one.

Please
or

JengaNonConfirming · 04/04/2022 09:25

@fruitandvegg I had my vaccination certificate, which made no mention of me having COVID, so had no problems. My partner's pass was on his vaccination certificate.

Please
or

GingerSunday · 04/04/2022 09:30

You can buy a covid recovery pass from private companies (will cost about £50) and most of them accept the NHS email that confirms positive LFT results. I'm not sure if I can mention the websites on here but just google them and the one we've used has 4.7 starts on trust pilot and lots of positive reviews of people saying they used them to travel to various countries. It lists the countries that they are accepted in.

Please
or

DamnUserName21 · 05/04/2022 20:15

@GingerSunday

You can buy a covid recovery pass from private companies (will cost about £50) and most of them accept the NHS email that confirms positive LFT results. I'm not sure if I can mention the websites on here but just google them and the one we've used has 4.7 starts on trust pilot and lots of positive reviews of people saying they used them to travel to various countries. It lists the countries that they are accepted in.

^^This. Go privately.
You won't get a NHS Recovery pass (which is barcoded with your vaccination pass) without PCR confirmation.
Please
or

HundredMilesAnHour · 05/04/2022 22:59

If you're using it for travel, it will be easier and cheaper to do a pre-departure test anyway (unless your destination insists on a PCR rather than LFT test as you'll quite possibly fail the PCR if you're travelling soon).

Or just take a NHS PCR test now and that will trigger your Covid recovery pass (however, this isn't enough for some countries as they still insist on a signed doctor's letter for recovery rather than recognise the NHS pass).

Please
or

Lilaclavenders · 06/04/2022 07:54

You can buy a covid recovery pass from private companies (will cost about £50) and most of them accept the NHS email that confirms positive LFT results.

Really? That can easily be faked.

I wonder whether other countries would accept private notes instead of official Government recovery passes...?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?