Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travelling to Spain - 3 months left from date departing to Spain but not on return date - help

7 replies

maryemo · 01/04/2022 21:17

Hi everyone, Im meant to be travelling to Spain next wednesday. I just checked my passport and I have just over 3 months before it expires on the date we depart. However, I have less than 3 months on the date we return to the UK. Is this going to be ok? Im panicking!

OP posts:
Please
or

tribpot · 01/04/2022 21:27

According to the gov.uk site, you need to have three months left on the day you leave Spain. I don't know if people are being asked on arrival to Spain to prove when they intend to leave, but for France it certainly sounds like you would need to provide details of:

• where you were going to be staying (which would indicate your departure date)
  • your return ticket.

I would think it's definitely possible, if not probable, that you'll be denied entry.
Please
or

maryemo · 01/04/2022 23:39

Thank you, I didn’t know that. I think I will change my return flight date

OP posts:
Please
or

MsTSwift · 02/04/2022 08:18

Are you flying? Lady in front of us at check in refused boarding as she needed 6 months from issue date.

Please
or

maryemo · 02/04/2022 09:45

That’s odd, the rules say 3 months for Spain.

OP posts:
Please
or

MsTSwift · 02/04/2022 12:17

It’s not the rules for Spain you need to look at it’s the rules for the airline. You won’t even get to Spain if you flying easyJet!

Please
or

Meduse · 02/04/2022 20:19

I also know someone refused departure by EasyJet last week .Leaving UK to go to Spain

Please
or

maryemo · 16/04/2022 21:01

Turned out to be totally fine, no probs at all!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?