Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Random Covid Testing Greece ( Corfu )

20 replies

FoodieToo · 31/03/2022 19:28

I would be so grateful for any experience , thank you.

Myself and two friends are heading to Ikos Dassia in Corfu on Sunday week. I have NOT had Covid, the other two have. I have been surrounded by it but never caught it.

Corfu airport are doing 'Random Testing'. I am terrified of missing my dream holiday and also ruining it for my friends by ending up in isolation .

Anyone any expeience of this testing in Greece? Do they test many people ? Thanks so much .

OP posts:
Please
or

Owlcat42 · 31/03/2022 19:39

I went to Rhodes in September, which was also doing random testing. We weren’t tested and didn’t see anyone else getting pulled for testing either. Recommend Googling tripadvisor Corfu forum + Covid to see if other people are saying (I found the Rhodes forum useful when I went). And, if it’s possible, avoid high-risk situations for a week or so before you go, and do your own lateral flows a couple of times in the days beforehand to be as sure as you can that you’re ok. Hope you have a good holiday!

Please
or

FoodieToo · 31/03/2022 19:57

Thanks so much for that !

OP posts:
Please
or

Cherrypie32 · 01/04/2022 13:46

We’ve been to Corfu in August the last two years and not been tested at the airport nor seen any testing.

Please
or

jocktamsonsbairn · 01/04/2022 20:33

We went to Corfu last July and they tested our entire flight! 1 person per family. We did lfts before leaving for the airport just so we were as sure as we could be before flying.

Please
or

FoodieToo · 01/04/2022 22:07

OMG jock, that would be AWFUL ! You were ok I assume ?? Am so scared as everyone I know has had it , I am a teacher and most of the
kids/staff have had it . One of my own kids even had it . And I still haven't .
Oh the irony if I test positive in the next week ......
Cherry and Jocktamsonsbairn can I ask what time your flights arrived in Corfu ?

OP posts:
Please
or

whoruntheworldgirls · 01/04/2022 22:12

Can you isolate now? I go away next weekend and am in self imposed isolation, no going to office (very lucky i can wfh) no meeting friends etc.
Husband and daughter have had it so are doing more than me.

Please
or

FoodieToo · 01/04/2022 22:20

No, am a teacher , not a chance !! Am wearing medical masks though. We don't break up until next Friday .

OP posts:
Please
or

Longbin · 01/04/2022 22:22

I went to Crete last summer and every adult on the flight was tested. For some reason they split groups up into lines but then gave everyone the test and wouldn’t return our passports until it was negative.

Please
or

FoodieToo · 01/04/2022 22:26

Thanks so much for the info !

OP posts:
Please
or

zebrapig · 02/04/2022 20:35

We went to Corfu in October, wasn't aware of anyone on our flight being tested. They barely even glanced at our covid paperwork either.

Please
or

FoodieToo · 02/04/2022 21:55

Thank you Zebrapig !!! I will hope for that.

OP posts:
Please
or

Patrycjaw · 06/04/2022 17:27

Hi FoodieToo, I have a question how is your trip because I'm flying in a week and I wonder how are you what is going on at the airport?

Please
or

FoodieToo · 06/04/2022 19:57

Oh we are not flying until Monday !

OP posts:
Please
or

Patrycjaw · 06/04/2022 20:18

oh, would you let me know it was here because I'm flying on Wednesday

Please
or

FoodieToo · 06/04/2022 20:40

Will try to remember !

OP posts:
Please
or

Patrycjaw · 06/04/2022 21:00

Thank you

Please
or

Longbin · 06/04/2022 23:06

For those of you that have been to Greece recently, were they strict on non vaccinated people entering restaurants etc? I can’t get proof of covid recovery now they have stopped PCR tests, but can’t get vaccinated before I go as it’s in under 28 days and I currently have covid.

Please
or

jocktamsonsbairn · 07/04/2022 10:07

@FoodieToo

OMG jock, that would be AWFUL ! You were ok I assume ?? Am so scared as everyone I know has had it , I am a teacher and most of the
kids/staff have had it . One of my own kids even had it . And I still haven't .
Oh the irony if I test positive in the next week ......
Cherry and Jocktamsonsbairn can I ask what time your flights arrived in Corfu ?

Sorry I never noticed this reply till now! We had an early morning flight so it was lunchtime arrival. Hope all went well and you are enjoying your holiday!
Please
or

Addidas · 27/04/2022 23:53

@FoodieToo
did they test any of your flight??

Please
or

Norush4 · 28/04/2022 21:06

Longbin · 01/04/2022 22:22

I went to Crete last summer and every adult on the flight was tested. For some reason they split groups up into lines but then gave everyone the test and wouldn’t return our passports until it was negative.

This sounds terrible. I heard Greece should be relaxing rules on May 2nd

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?