Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Skegness butlins

16 replies

lancslass17 · 30/03/2022 21:56

What's it really like, looking at going with 4 year old.

OP posts:
Please
or

ISayItLikeItIs · 31/03/2022 09:13

interested in this as well

Please
or

lancslass17 · 31/03/2022 15:29

Bump

OP posts:
Please
or

indecisivewoman81 · 31/03/2022 15:32

We took our children 10 and 6 there a couple of years ago and we had a brilliant time. Lots of things to do (swimming pool is excellent), laser tag, obviously the arcades but that can prove expensive. And the beach is a short bus ride away as well.

The evening entertainment was very good too

Please
or

TeapotCollection · 31/03/2022 15:32

Probably no help because we’re child free but we absolutely love the adult Big Weekends

Please
or

TeapotCollection · 31/03/2022 15:34

Erm, Butlins Skegness is right at the side of the beach, no bus ride needed just go through the gate on the site

Please
or

Popetthetreehugger · 31/03/2022 15:36

My DD and family went last weekend. Her DS (3) and DD (1) loved it ! DD said it was fun . DSIL came home with covid 😷 but apart from that, all good !

Please
or

SteakExpectations · 31/03/2022 15:40

We’re going at Easter and I bloody love it! We go swimming every day, Burger King for lunch and get the dine around passes for breakfast and dinner. DS is not very interested in the shows but loves the unlimited access to the fairground and enjoys the arcades.

I always book early and choose the cheapest weekends.

I prefer the dine around meal option as it gives us the best flexibility of where to eat.

Please
or

nearlyspringyay · 31/03/2022 16:18

Don't know about Skegness but we have done Bognor a few times. The kids fucking love it. I just drink gin to get through it.

We've been on some amazing holidays but all they talk about is Butlins.

Stay in the hotel, get a dining plan, and embrace it 😂😂😂

Please
or

2DogsOnMySofa · 31/03/2022 16:21

It's my idea of hell, but my kids loved it when they were younger. We took them a few times. The accommodation is clean and tidy, there's shed loads for the kids to do, the evening entertainment is great, and keeps everyone entertained for the evening. Skegness is a short drive away, good fish n chips and good old north east seaside town entertainment.

Please
or

TeapotCollection · 31/03/2022 18:41

Theme park [fantasyislandresort.co.uk Fantasy Island] close by too, big market attached

Please
or

TeapotCollection · 31/03/2022 18:42

Link fail, sorry I forgot the www

Please
or

Funf · 01/04/2022 08:46

It wasn't for us but the kids had a fantastic time, but thats the idea its all aimed at the kids

Please
or

shinynewapple22 · 05/04/2022 15:48

I don't know Skegness but we had several holidays at Butlins Minehead - I think it's great for a UK break with children - so much going on .

Please
or

KELLOGSspeck · 05/04/2022 15:54

I did Skegness last year. I think children 7 and under is the maximum in terms of age. The entertainment was overly loud and quite rubbish.

The beach is a short taxi ride and the pleasure is fantastic lovely day if you managed to get the sun too.

The choice of restaurants were not fabulous. Food places closed early once we had arrived on our first night. There was only one Ice cream shop that shut early.... no waffle parlour of anything like that.
Personally I wouldn't go again if I'm honest just because I prefer abroad holidays.

Please
or

GoBackToPartyCity · 05/04/2022 15:57

Great for kids, food shite, pay for the most expensive room that you can possibly afford. Double gin and lemonade was £5…winner!

Please
or

Halo1234 · 05/04/2022 16:03

She is the perfect age. We have went of few times when our kids were younger. They loved it. I found it not too busy food was ok. Plenty of entertainment and the rides for the kids were free when we went. Apartment was small but perfectly clean and nice and warm. I would recommend.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?