Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Suggestions of Greek resorts/villages which work well with booking flights and accommodation ourselves

6 replies

fortyfifty · 30/03/2022 17:39

I often book flight and apartments myself except for Greece, mostly due to the difficulty of getting a transfer without hiring a car to get from the Audley to the accommodation.

Is there an island/airport/resort combo which lens itself well to this? Eg. Nice town and beach 20 minute taxi ride from the airport? Somewhere with airport buses?

OP posts:
Please
or

CJay81 · 30/03/2022 18:15

Have a look at Crete. Heraklion and Chania are the airports. There are several beach resorts close to Heraklion. Also some near Chania(which is a very pretty Greek town).

Please
or

jocktamsonsbairn · 01/04/2022 20:36

Corgu - Be tides is lovely. But you can get a taxi transfer anywhere.
Skiathos - longest transfer is less than 30 mins.

Please
or

PicaK · 02/04/2022 08:29

Kefalonia.

Please
or

Starshine22 · 02/04/2022 08:30

Pefkos / Lindos / Lardos in Rhodes

Please
or

fortyfifty · 02/04/2022 14:16

Thanks everyone. I will check out these ideas.

OP posts:
Please
or

onemouseplace · 02/04/2022 14:20

We've flown into Thessaloniki and arranged our own transfers (because they were much cheaper than the package one) to the Halkidiki resorts - 40 mins transfer I think but it was no bother booking our own.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?