Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Jetparks 3 Manchester Airport

8 replies

Janek · 29/03/2022 11:59

We have booked to park in Jetparks 3 at Manchester Airport during the Easter Holidays. The booking and confirmation are fine, but everywhere I look it says that Jetparks 3 is currently closed. I cannot get through to them on the phone to check, in fact I was on the line for fifteen minutes and then it went to voicemail...

They are currently still selling parking for my dates in Jetparks 3, so can I just assume it's okay? Has anyone parked there recently?

Most annoying is that all parking is now massively more expensive than it was when I booked if I were to cancel it.

OP posts:
Please
or

Toomuchleopard · 29/03/2022 12:21

I’m parking there on Saturday so I really hope it’s open!

Please
or

Janek · 29/03/2022 12:33

Could you possibly report back?!? I would also like info on what Manchester Airport itself is like...
Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 29/03/2022 12:38

Please
or

Toomuchleopard · 29/03/2022 21:30

I’ve just seen the other thread about Manchester airport being very slow. I flew from there 11th-15th March and it was totally fine and not particularly busy or slow.
@Janek what info do you want?

Please
or

Janek · 30/03/2022 06:02

That kind of info mainly, thanks!

I'm hoping that flying in a Wednesday might make a difference, but I think we probably need to get there quite early. Although if everyone thinks that then it's going to compound the problem, isn't it?!?

OP posts:
Please
or

Janek · 30/03/2022 16:08

@toomuchleopard I just got a call back from Jetparks after leaving a message yesterday - she said that Jetparks3 reopens on 1 April, and they'll update the website then. So that's one thing less to worry about!

She did also say (because I asked...) that the airport itself was very busy. Gah!

OP posts:
Please
or

Toomuchleopard · 03/04/2022 20:44

@Janek we parked at jet parks 3 yesterday and it was open as normal. However Manchester airport was a complete shit show. Queues for security were about 2.5 hours long. This was terminal 2 but my husband was flying from terminal 1 as on a different flight and was the same there. Leave plenty of time!

Please
or

Janek · 03/04/2022 21:06

Thank you so much for the feedback. I was starting to think we needed to allow as much time as possible, but you have confirmed it :-(. We're only going to Ireland, it's starting to seem like a right faff!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?