Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Ile de Re - accommodation recommendations

6 replies

Mupachoo · 28/03/2022 12:23

Hi! I've booked the flights but now need to find somewhere to stay - last week in August (2 adults and 1 child).Can anyone recommend self-catering accommodation in or near Le Bois Plage (Ile de Re)? Pool not essential but within cycling/walking distance (for little legs) to beach, food shop and places to eat. Or the best websites (in English or French) to look at? I've found a nice property on the myhomein-ile-de-re.com. Am a bit worried about getting stung as never had to do it abroad before! TiA

OP posts:
Please
or

balalake · 28/03/2022 17:01

Have you thought about staying in La Rochelle instead?

Please
or

Rainallnight · 28/03/2022 17:15

How do you feel about campsites? We stayed in SUNELIA Interlude, right by the beach, with little kids and loved it. You can rent little chalets, you don’t have to camp.

Please
or

Mupachoo · 28/03/2022 17:35

Hi, thanks! Yes, I did look at campsites (mobile homes) but as it's also a very low key honeymoon for us with child in tow, I was also looking at gites...am keeping an open mind though!

OP posts:
Please
or

Rainallnight · 28/03/2022 19:01

What age is your DC? You might actually find it easier work in a campsite with more to do on the doorstep. And the SUNELIA place has a baby club so you could get some proper time off.

I recently came across this place which I thought looked lovely though the kids club is only 5+ www.sandaya.co.uk/our-campsites/amis-de-la-plage/rental-units/13

Please
or

Mupachoo · 28/03/2022 19:16

πŸ‘ I'll take a look at both - thanks πŸ™‚.

OP posts:
Please
or

Notacottish · 28/03/2022 19:23

simpsontravel.com/
Have properties on ile de re. They are a great travel company (we have been to Greece with them several times, and Corsica too).

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?