Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Jolet vacances

4 replies

Ourholiday · 25/03/2022 13:46

I booked a caravan with Jolet back before covid and then delayed until 2021 and again until 2022. We are now booked in august and I have air travel booked separately but I can’t get hold of them and all searches turn up nothing - Facebook, instagram, their website, even phone number out of service. Anybody else know anything or have a summer holiday booked with them? I only booked with them as saw them recommended so often on here. I’m getting a bit worried now!

OP posts:
Please
or

JC1001 · 23/05/2022 18:27

Hi

I was wondering did you have any joy with contacting Jolet Vacancies, as I had deposit/voucher from 2019 which I had hoped to use this year. I have tried contacting them to no success and I now believe they have ceased trading!

Please
or

Ourholiday · 23/05/2022 18:46

Hi
thanks for replying
No, I had no luck. They’ve definitely ceased trading, I emailed the site in France and the site confirmed they disappeared leaving a balance owing. They haven’t responded to any message I’ve left so I don’t hold out any hope of recovering the money. I paid by transfer rather than credit card and am kicking myself now. I’m left with a ferry crossing now I can’t get a refund on too so big waste of money all round. But more than anything I’m cross they didn’t even email families with bookings (or at least I didn’t get anything) to let them know that they won’t be getting their holiday this year. Rant over. Hoping you’re in a better position.

OP posts:
Please
or

JC1001 · 23/05/2022 21:15

Sorry to hear of your situation and hopefully not to many other’s have got caught though I done the same as you in regards a bank transfer (lesson learned) but only a deposit so not a fortune out of pocket (though puts this years plans on hold) .

But as you said the fact that there was no communication or warning of anything wrong and only by chance of checking their website/Facebook/instagram had all disappeared the alarm bells started ringing!

Please
or

Niki1982 · 31/05/2022 20:34

I also booked with Jolet Vacances in Kildare and I gave them 1160 in total for 2 families. I was promised out deposit would be safe this year. When I contacted them in Feb to see could we still go ahead with July to le Ruisseau in Biarritz, I just got a reply saying they have ceased trading. Its such bad form to not even contact everyone and let them know. I'm gathering they have kept quite a lot of families deposits. I have heard they still have a few mobiles and are advertising on done deal under a different name. It's disgraceful . The family in Kildare Joe and Collete Malone have great reviews for years and I cannot believe they have kept deposits and most importantly not have the decency to tell people. I only dealt with the daughter Ali Malone, and the reply I have gotten off her, let's say we're awful and to basically just suck it up and not to contact her again. Unfortunately they wouldn't take credit card or PayPal at the time and I did a transfer from my current account. I really should have smelt a rat 2 years ago when I was booking.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?