Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Italy - Super Green/Green Pass Changes from 1st April

5 replies

Theonlyoneiknow · 22/03/2022 16:21

I am struggling to find anything concrete as to what the changes will be from the 1st April - ie/ will hotels be "green pass free" or will they require a basic green pass? Same as for ski lifts (both are Super Green pass until 31st March).

The info seems to differ from site to site and the official sites aren't much use either - due to 12yr old's birthday date we will not meet vaccine requirements so need to ensure we can follow gov guidelines for testing if we do need a green pass.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any wisdom!

OP posts:
Please
or

Geamhradh · 22/03/2022 18:55

From 1st April:
No green pass of either kind to eat OUTSIDE or to attend sports fixtures as long as they are also outside, public offices, hotels (though only for residents) or transport (though FFP2 will still be obligatory on any kind of public transport)
Base Green Pass for INSIDE eating in restaurants and bars but only for foreign tourists (which is popular as you can imagine..Italians will still need a SGP.)
Masks will still be obligatory inside until end of April and any exceptions need to be documented by a medical letter.

I've just translated that from the legislation. So, in answer to your question, no, not GP free, but SGP free.

Please
or

Theonlyoneiknow · 23/03/2022 08:29

Thanks @Geamhradh! I just want to make sure we have no issues for getting into the hotel/onto the ski lifts as these were previously SGP but I believe are being downgraded but not sure exactly and can't find specifics (especially for skiing). GAHHH!

OP posts:
Please
or

Geamhradh · 23/03/2022 12:11

I couldn't find anything specific in the legislation mentioning ski resorts- I suppose it comes under indoor/outdoor and the SGP is definitely going for outdoor so I think you'll be OK.
If I see anything or hear on the news, I'll pop back!

Please
or

nancy75 · 23/03/2022 12:18

We are going at the start of April, am I right that the QR code on our NHS app is the pass & as we are fully vaxed it counts as super green?

Please
or

Theonlyoneiknow · 23/03/2022 15:22

Thanks so much @Geamhradh!

So far I am seeing:

1. Entry into country okay with negative PCR/LFT

2. Bus to resort is arranged with tour operator so as above
3. Entry into hotel - no requirement
4. Ski lifts - TBC! Maybe basic green pass ie/ test every 48hrs
5. Flight Home - basic green pass ?? Although UK have no requirements

We have an unfully vax'd 12yr old hence the palava :)
OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?