Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

End of April/beginning of may where in Europe for a sunbathing kind of holiday?

10 replies

andpeggy1 · 14/03/2022 16:34

Me and DH are desperate to go away, looks for like a week to 10 days so where within a 4-5max hour flight, all inclusive, tempreture that is good for sunbathing. And approx 520pp max!

Was actually looking at Tunisia as it's very cheap and looks lovely, but you never hear of anyone going there since there was the beach attack. But that happened in 2015 so should be ok by now right?

OP posts:
Please
or

Bickles · 14/03/2022 16:40

Canaries

Please
or

Bickles · 14/03/2022 16:46

Just looked and a week AI is definitely possible for your budget around those dates in the Canaries and the weather will be good.

Please
or

Hoppinggreen · 14/03/2022 18:22

I went to Tunisia and was one of the very few places I didn’t like
You could go to The Canaries or Cape Verde

Please
or

TheFairyCaravan · 14/03/2022 18:27

I’ve been to Fuerteventura at that time of year. It was really hot.

Please
or

TheWeeDonkey · 14/03/2022 18:47

Canaries is good year round, Madeira is near by and is lovely

Please
or

andpeggy1 · 15/03/2022 12:07

Thanks for the responses. So I'd heard that the canaries are often are very windy so the temp
Isn't as warm as it states. Also is there anything to do that isn't really family focused to do? Anything historic? Or is it very brits abroad? I'd like to experiance some authentic culture of the place I visit. I don't want to be eating a Sunday dinner abroad 😂

OP posts:
Please
or

Hoppinggreen · 15/03/2022 12:09

I went to Lanzarote once, I was very worried it would be fish and chips and Irish pubs but we hired a car and went out and about and found some lovely places

Please
or

parboil · 15/03/2022 12:18

Madeira. Beautiful, historic, lovely climate, amazing flowers. And very few sandy beaches, so not too many kids. Yes, there are lots of Brits, but as long as you hire a car you can get to some really interesting places. Stunning hill/mountain walking, old wineries, boat trips etc. Alternatively, you should find that southern Spain, Greece, Sicily etc are pretty warm by then?

Please
or

andpeggy1 · 15/03/2022 14:21

I e been to Sicily in April before for a wedding, it was lovely weather but not overly that hot, so wasn't sure how much warmer it would be. I love Greece but kept seeing tuis site that it would bearly reach 20 degrees.

Madeira sounds perfect and lush! Thank you for the suggestion

OP posts:
Please
or

SandrasAnnoyingFriend · 15/03/2022 14:47

Marrakech is one of my favourite destinations, the weather will be perfect but not sure AI is the way to go out there

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?