Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Does anyone have a holiday booked for April/May

21 replies

myfavperson · 13/03/2022 13:42

I really want to book a holiday for May, with DH and 3 DC, to Spain, Greece, Corfu, but I'm worried. Not been abroad for 3 years.

Does any one have one booked or been recently. Where is the easiest place to go in terms of vaccination/testing? Both fully vaccinated but not had booster. Would you book or wait for something last minute.

OP posts:
Please
or

Nootkah · 13/03/2022 13:57

Im going to The Netherlands in April and Netherlands and France in May. Have a look at the FCDO website re entry requirements, but things can and do change pretty quickly. Spain seems pretty good.... We went August 2021 to Menorca and all was OK.

Please
or

Campervan69 · 16/03/2022 22:14

We are going to ibiza for Easter. Went to Fuerteventura February half term and it was fine. Stress free. And very cheap. Everyone was delighted to see holiday makers again and very friendly.

Please
or

nancy75 · 16/03/2022 22:16

We’re going to Italy in April, but all 3 of us have had boosters (you need a pass to even get on a bus there at the moment)

Please
or

usernotfound0000 · 17/03/2022 13:13

I'm going to Majorca in April. Need to be fully vaccinated but as far as I'm aware, that's it.

Please
or

BirdOnTheWire · 17/03/2022 17:00

For Spain you need a booster if your vax was more than 270 days ago.

Please
or

Bollix · 17/03/2022 17:04

I'm going to Majorca in April. Need to be fully vaccinated but as far as I'm aware, that's it.

Same here - also was in Lanzarote 26th Dec - 2nd Jan & apart from having to get negative professional antigen test to come home to Ireland (no longer neded) nothing was different there apart from the weather 😁

Please
or

lightisnotwhite · 17/03/2022 22:13

I did Greece in the summer, France October and Spain Feb half term. All were very easy. Greece was incredibly grateful for the business ( sort of welcome party at the airport! ). It was just the same as the U.K.. No where checked anything once you were in the country.

Apart from masks at airports and lots of passengers faffing with phones at the check in desk /passport control it’s no different. Take paper copies. Saves time.

Please
or

mdh2020 · 17/03/2022 22:16

Italy at the end of April. At the moment we have to fill in the PLF and show that we have been vaccinated. Of course it could all change …..
In May we are going to Carmarthen. That should be ok!

Please
or

Sisisimone · 17/03/2022 22:27

Croatia in April. Just need to show proof of vaccination.

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 18/03/2022 11:08

South of France in May. Just need proof of vaccination.

Please
or

NeedleNoodle3 · 18/03/2022 14:21

I just got back from a Caribbean and Bahamas cruise from Miami. I needed a PCR test and proof of vaccination. I’m going to New York in May and I think it will be the same. I’m going to Brussels next month and I think it’s just proof of vaccination needed but I haven’t checked yet.

Please
or

bert3400 · 18/03/2022 14:30

Going to the Maldives in April, fully vaxed and boostered. We don't live in the uk so need to be on top of vaccinations to get home . I wouldn't be worried about travel, we have travelled loads this year and it's pretty straightforward as long as you do your research

Please
or

Gotago · 18/03/2022 17:45

Hi guys I've only just registered so not too sure if I'm replying to myfavperson's thread "Does anyone have a holiday booked for April/May" So, we're off to Thassos Greece in May for a month been there a few times but first time since regs came in . Apparently I have to call 119 to get our covid passes in hard copy but you can get an app on your phone if you're app savvy which I'm not. I recently checked my passport and mine and the missus's were both out of date so that was an unexpected hundred and fifty quid. A drop in the ocean really when you consider what a month away costs.
We've done all the usual places several times over like the Maldives, the Caribbean, Thailand etc. However there are some really exotic places still on our wish list but they'll have to wait until I see how the fuel and energy bills work out

Please
or

AnastasiaRomanov · 28/04/2022 12:49

I am travelling to Greece in May and not had the booster.
I am anxious about booking a test and getting it right. Anyone done this? Antigen or PCR?

Please
or

AnastasiaRomanov · 28/04/2022 12:50

Last vaccination last May.

Please
or

Isseywith3witchycats · 28/04/2022 17:11

Going to Cyprus next Thursday both fully vaccinated and boostered so sent off for the hard copy of our vacs status and dont have to fill in a passenger location form as of 18th April and same coming back to Uk dont need anything other than vacs status

Please
or

CeeJay81 · 28/04/2022 17:16

We are off to Crete last week of May. Today some good news. Greece suspending entry requirements.

www.ekathimerini.com/news/1183180/covid-pass-to-be-suspended-on-may-1/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Please
or

AnastasiaRomanov · 28/04/2022 17:21

WOW!!! Does this really mean no need to prove Covid status?

Please
or

CeeJay81 · 28/04/2022 18:12

Yep. Only just been made official this afternoon.

Please
or

AnastasiaRomanov · 28/04/2022 20:54

You’ve made my day! Thank you.

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 29/04/2022 09:38

That's good news. I have a work trip planned to Athens in June.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?