Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

New York pass

4 replies

chopc · 02/03/2022 17:29

Which pass is best value for 5 days in New York? City pass, New York pass or sightseeing pass?

Thanks in advance!

OP posts:
Please
or

allfurcoatnoknickers · 02/03/2022 18:31

Depends what you want to do! I strongly recommend getting the one with the barcode though, or you'll be spending a lot of additional time queueing for paper tickets.

Just as a word of advice - you don't need to go up more than one tall building. The rule of thumb seems to be that Top of the Rock has better views than the Empire State building (can't see the ESB if you're in it...).

Please
or

chopc · 02/03/2022 19:24

@allfurcoatnoknickers thank you! Which has the barcode?

OP posts:
Please
or

JennyWreny · 02/03/2022 21:23

There's a website that compares the different passes and which option is best for you depending on what you want to see - it might be this one that I used - www.passcomparison.com

We got a really good deal by buying the passes from Expedia - they had a special offer on.

Re: ESB and Top of the Rock. I agree with PP, no need to do both unless you do one at night and one during the day. We went to ESB at night (after Broadway show) - no queue and then TOTR early morning - again, no queue.

There were lots of restrictions on the passes though - IIRC you couldn't prebook lots of the attractions which was a bit stressful and ended up paying separately for the evening harbour lights cruise that was on the pass but because we didn't want to risk it being full.

Please
or

chopc · 02/03/2022 21:36

@JennyWreny great link. Thank you

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?