Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Online passport application

8 replies

sillysocks22 · 01/03/2022 11:18

Hi, I did online application for DS passport renewal, sent off his old passport nearly 2 weeks ago and the system is still just showing 'send old passport' Does anyone know how long it takes for them to register that they received it or do I need to start investigating?

OP posts:
Please
or

Notwithittoday · 01/03/2022 11:21

I just sent my daughters off on the 7th Feb next day tracked and got the email from the passport office saying received on the 16th Feb. The lady I spoke to at the passport office yesterday said everything is about two weeks so I’d maybe look into it next week if you haven’t heard

Please
or

FlyingFlamingo · 01/03/2022 11:23

I don’t have an answer because I am in the same boat (well hopefully I’ll be on a boat in April if we get her passport in time Grin)

Please
or

Aposterhasnoname · 01/03/2022 11:27

Mine went from send old passport straight to printing passport, with no in between bit. That was three and a half weeks after I sent it. The new passport was delivered a couple of weeks later, four weeks to the day from applying.

Please
or

MagpiePi · 01/03/2022 11:34

Has it actually got to the passport office? Did you send the old passport with a tracked service?
I sent mine off on the 17th Feb (a thursday) using 1st class signed for and the Post Office showed it had been signed for on the 18th, but I didn't get notified that it was in the passport office system until last Saturday, the 26th.

The government webpage is saying applications received in the w/e 20th Feb are taking 4 weeks to process :(

Please
or

sillysocks22 · 01/03/2022 11:45

Oh phew, that gives me some relief - I did send it recorded delivery but have stupidly lost the slip from the post office 🤦🏻‍♀️. Thanks for your replies - hopefully it is just the delay and his old passport isn't actually lost!

OP posts:
Please
or

FlyingFlamingo · 02/03/2022 19:06

DD’s has arrived, it’ll be 2 weeks tomorrow that I posted it

Please
or

dudsville · 02/03/2022 19:10

I did my mine about 8 weeks ago. I sent my old passport tracked on a Saturday and they had it by the Monday. Both royal mail and the passport renewal people were super quick. I'd assume your old passport is held up or lost.

Please
or

sillysocks22 · 02/03/2022 19:35

I had a text today that they have received it - so relieved!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?