Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Air France hand luggage

3 replies

handbaggageonly · 27/02/2022 16:41

Hi, has anyone travelled with hand luggage only on Air France recently? Just wondering how strict they are, has anyone used the cage things to measure their luggage, do they have any leeway? I have a hand luggage bag that I would like to use but the solid base is 1.5cm over their limit of 35cm, will I get away with it? I could put the bag in upside down in the cage I guess if needed, but how likely are they to actually check?

OP posts:
Please
or

Einszwei · 27/02/2022 16:49

I flew Air France from Heathrow to Paris in June. It was a full flight and they did ask me to put my bag in the cage at the gate.

I think as long as it fits, it doesn't matter if it is put in upside down.

If I recall correctly those whose bags didn't fit were told that their hand luggage would go in the hold (but I don't think they were charged for it).

Please
or

handbaggageonly · 27/02/2022 19:14

That's useful to know, thanks. I think I'll take the chance but would love to hear other people experiences too. I'll also be flying into Paris (CDG).

OP posts:
Please
or

handbaggageonly · 28/02/2022 14:37

Hopeful bump Smile

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?