Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

ETA form

13 replies

essexgirl58 · 25/02/2022 12:17

Hi

I urgently need the correct ETA form to enable me to apply to trael as a tourist to Canada. I have looked at so many forms and they are all different and no travel agent will help me becase they say i have not booked my holiday through them

Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

mrsrobin · 25/02/2022 14:21

This is where you apply - I did it last September - really easy. www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/before-apply-eta.html

Please
or

essexgirl58 · 25/02/2022 19:19

[quote mrsrobin]This is where you apply - I did it last September - really easy. [[https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/before-apply-eta.htmlXV1bL3F1b3Rl]
Many thanks. Also I tink I also need to fill out a health declaration form because of Covid. I have never tested positive for covid but you still need to do this declaration??

OP posts:
Please
or

mrsrobin · 25/02/2022 20:05

Um do you mean the ArriveCAN app? This is where you have to upload your vacc proof 72 hrs before...
www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

Please
or

essexgirl58 · 25/02/2022 21:15

oh ok well I am traelling on the 25th April

OP posts:
Please
or

essexgirl58 · 25/02/2022 21:17

[quote mrsrobin]Um do you mean the ArriveCAN app? This is where you have to upload your vacc proof 72 hrs before...
www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html[/quote]
yes thanks for that. The Agent did not say that but he probably thought I had already looked that up so thought he did not need to tell me

oh well. At least I have submitted my ETA now.

Getting excited.

OP posts:
Please
or

essexgirl58 · 28/02/2022 23:49

How long does it take to get reply after you have dont the ETA

OP posts:
Please
or

mrsrobin · 01/03/2022 07:55

I can't remember exactly but I think they came through a couple of days after we filled them in.

Please
or

essexgirl58 · 01/03/2022 20:21

@mrsrobin

I can't remember exactly but I think they came through a couple of days after we filled them in.

It has been more than a couple of days for me so I will have to try and find out somehow
OP posts:
Please
or

essexgirl58 · 01/03/2022 20:32

when I put through the application and payment I got the following back within minuts

TRANSACTION APPROVED - THANK YOU
Please print this page and keep it as your transaction receipt.

Is this the approval or do I need to spea to someboy about it?

OP posts:
Please
or

mrsrobin · 01/03/2022 20:52

I just found my email confirmation, this is what it said.....

Name : (my name)
Passport number : (my number)
eTA number : J556565656
Expiration : 2025/06/11

Your application for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) has been approved. You are now authorized to travel to Canada by air.

Sorry, I can't remember how long it took exactly - it probably said how long it might take when you applied.

Please
or

essexgirl58 · 01/03/2022 21:09

Thanks just found my approval. For some reason I had to do a search for it. Sometimes my emails are strange and go into my spam or archive folders.

I now have it thaks

OP posts:
Please
or

mrsrobin · 01/03/2022 22:01

great :)

Please
or

gogohm · 01/03/2022 22:06

Was about to say mine took 15 mins

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?