Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Portugal in Easter / what to see

4 replies

Holidays27 · 20/02/2022 22:37

Going to Port in Easter for a week. We are thinking of spending some a few days Lisbon and a few days in Porto. Should we visit Faro? I have never been in Portugal

OP posts:
Please
or

HundredMilesAnHour · 20/02/2022 22:53

Just be prepared that it will be busy. I was in Porto at Easter and it was heaving! Lovely place though.

Please
or

Embracelife · 20/02/2022 22:59

In a week stick Lisbon plus North to Porto tomar obidos coimbra

Or Lisbon plus South evora monsaraz vila nova de mil fontes faro coast tavira

It s a long thin country you haven't got enough time to do the whole country

Please
or

MaiaJayne · 20/02/2022 23:28

Hi I live here in Porto. For 1 week def stick to North/central or central/Lisbon you def won't have time to do more than that. I work for a campervan company in Porto so if you're doing a road trip you can do more but hotel based stick to above. In Porto you have the cities parks, the city park is big and backs onto the beach one side, it has an touristic centre and ribeira (the river) where all the port wine cellars are. Lots of lovely beaches with lots of surf schools. Lots of boat rides, history and many hills! The Douro valley where all the vineyards are is absolutely stunning it's so beautiful, you can also visit the vineyards and lots of wine tasting there. There's lots of campsites with swimming places but you'll def need a car/ van. Aveiro is lovely city to visit has colourful houses. If you have kids and go to Coimbra, go to Portugal dos pequenitos. It has all of Portugal's big mounuments and buildings in child size buildings. It's very cute and my kids love it. Lisbon is a city like all cities (my partner is a Porto guy so I am bias lol) but definitely visit Sintra near Lisbon. Particularly Quinta da Regaleira is amazing and fascinating and there are many palaces to explore.

Please
or

Holidays27 · 21/02/2022 08:10

Thank you very much. That’s very helpful

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?