Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Family holiday over Easter - where to go?!

3 replies

OldLadyInPolyester · 19/02/2022 14:16

Im desperate for a holiday somewhere but I've not had much success in booking enjoyable breaks since we've had kids (maybe I just need to resign myself to the fact that holidays are hard work with young children?!). Kids are 3 and 6.

Over the past 2 years we've obviously only had UK breaks. Mostly caravans near the seaside. Been unlucky with the weather every time so it's been a struggle to find things to do. The best holiday was Bluestone in Wales. Prior to covid we went to Menorca on a package holiday and found it very stressful but the kids were a lot younger then...

I've vaguely looked at Gran Canaria because the weather is likely to be nice. Maybe an Air BnB?

I would love your holiday recommendations for both UK and Europe for an Easter break. What made it family friendly? What's good for kids and adults to do? Thanks Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

Notdoingthis · 19/02/2022 16:31

Yes Gran Canaria is a great choice. No time difference, no pcrs if double vaccinated, very family friendly, great weather and a really interesting place. If you are on a budget you can do skyscanner + booking.com or Thomas Cook/ onthebeach
It's a lovely place.

Please
or

OldLadyInPolyester · 19/02/2022 19:05

Thanks @Notdoingthis Any recommendations for areas?

OP posts:
Please
or

trulyconfuseddotcom · 19/02/2022 20:07

Just back from Mogan n Gran Canaria, it was really nice! Would go back in a heartbeat for April if we could afford it. We stayed at Radisson Blu Mogan but there are other options.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?