Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Barcelona airport transfers…

13 replies

Toanewstart23 · 08/02/2022 15:56

Taxi or aerobus?
And what cost estimate for taxi?
Thanks v much

OP posts:
Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 08/02/2022 17:02

I pre-booked a transfer last time we went and it was about 25 euros each way. We were met from Arrivals. Aerobus is about 6 euros each I think so depends on where you are staying. There were 3 of us, so it much less hassle for the sake of under 10 euros each way.

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 08/02/2022 17:03

I think a taxi from outside airport is likely to more expensive than a pre-booked car.

Please
or

Georgyporky · 08/02/2022 19:28

ASk whether the hotel has its own transfer service.

Please
or

yikesanotherbooboo · 08/02/2022 20:01

I caught the bus; asked at the station re which stop ; got a map out and got off at the nearest stop. It was very easy .I rather like buses for giving a flavour of a place and for managing luggage. I was with the DC alone.

Please
or

AnyFucker · 08/02/2022 20:07

The Aerobus was very easy and drops you in Placa Catalunya (the major transport hub)

Most of Barcelona is then either in walking distance or can be reached easily by the circular buses

Please
or

InThePresenceOfWeevil · 08/02/2022 20:08

We did the aerobus and it was super easy!

Please
or

Kitkat151 · 08/02/2022 20:10

Aerobus is about 5euros I think ...goes from T1 and T2

Please
or

maddy68 · 08/02/2022 20:10

I live there. It's easy to get the blue airport bus. Come out of the airport and turn right. By the ticket just before getting on. It's about €10 return. Takes you right into placa Catalonia
Don't get the train pickpockets target the airport station

Please
or

Toanewstart23 · 08/02/2022 20:24

@MissAmbrosia

I pre-booked a transfer last time we went and it was about 25 euros each way. We were met from Arrivals. Aerobus is about 6 euros each I think so depends on where you are staying. There were 3 of us, so it much less hassle for the sake of under 10 euros each way.

What company please
OP posts:
Please
or

Toanewstart23 · 08/02/2022 20:25

@maddy68

I live there. It's easy to get the blue airport bus. Come out of the airport and turn right. By the ticket just before getting on. It's about €10 return. Takes you right into placa Catalonia
Don't get the train pickpockets target the airport station

I’ll be travelling alone with two children so taxi better when I think about it

Could you suggest a taxi service please?
OP posts:
Please
or

maddy68 · 08/02/2022 20:31

There are taxis outside the airport. Or you can get one from cabify (bit like Uber)

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 09/02/2022 10:40

I did it via //www.booking.com (also booked accommodation) but you can just book a transfer on it's own. Used this a few times and it's always gone swimmingly. It's nice to be met at arrivals.

Please
or

tanstaafl · 10/02/2022 11:08

Is the train not running these days?
The station is right outside the airport.

Please
or