Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Covid travel tests? Who have you used?

13 replies

NorfieGirl · 06/02/2022 15:09

We're travelling to America in April, all fully vaccinated except for my youngest (11yrs).

Who have you used? I have to say I find it all a bit baffling!

OP posts:
Please
or

BigSandyBalls2015 · 06/02/2022 15:10

Simply Test Me

Please
or

NorfieGirl · 06/02/2022 15:21

Thanks, I've had a look but they don't look like they offer the monitored 'telehealth' version needed for America (unless I have that wrong?)

So far I've found Randox and ProjectScreen but I'm still unsure about it all!

OP posts:
Please
or

kerkyra · 06/02/2022 15:44

We used Express Test which were great. The test was an antigen lateral flow which was a nose swab and results came back under an hour.

Please
or

AttilaTheMeerkat · 06/02/2022 15:44

All passengers will need an antigen or PCR test performed the day before departure for the US. I would use an in person clinic and find one who will give you the result with 3 hours, Randox do such a test currently.

Please
or

NorfieGirl · 06/02/2022 15:57

Thanks, I've looked at those and I think we'll go for ExpressTest, they have a drive through location at Heathrow so we'll book for there the night before. Thanks again xx

OP posts:
Please
or

mrsoverall2 · 06/02/2022 16:08

I used DAM but if you need it right before I've heard the drive through is ok too and more peace of mind

Please
or

TwigTheWonderKid · 06/02/2022 16:44

@mrsoverall2 were upu happy with Dam? I need to book for the Friday or Saturday and a bit like OP I'm really baffled/nervous so I've put it off! Dam have a clinic really clse to us so I thought I'd go with them but then I read a load of bad review and panicked am back to square one!

Please
or

mrsoverall2 · 06/02/2022 16:47

Dam did me a rapid antigen and I got an email back within an hour so all ok. I did however time it that I could've had another same day emergency appointment with them too in case they hadn't replied- I'm a doom merchant and always think worst case though but no issue with mine. Also I wouldn't be arsed doing a review for something like this so you're more likely to see bad reviews probably.

Please
or

Hairbrush123 · 06/02/2022 17:20

Another Express Test person here! Used them on Tuesday for a visit to the US. I used the Birmingham Airport branch and they were excellent! Enjoy your trip

Please
or

AttilaTheMeerkat · 06/02/2022 20:02

This is the current USA entry requirement (this is from the Foreign Office):-

www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements

Please
or

SeasonFinale · 06/02/2022 20:05

We use the drive through Collinson at Stansted before going (believe they are at Heathrow too). We used to use testingforall for return lfts day 0 to 2.

Please
or

HundredMilesAnHour · 07/02/2022 20:18

I'm just back from California. I used Qured. They did a supervised (via video) lateral flow and I had my certificate within 20 mins of uploading my results.

Please
or

devildeepbluesea · 07/02/2022 20:19

Also just back from California, used ExpressTest in T5 at Heathrow. Results back within an hour.

Please
or