Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travel with 12 year old not fully vaccinated

5 replies

BottomlessPit · 04/02/2022 20:03

We have had a holiday to Lanzarote cancelled because our 12 year old has only had one jab so isn’t fully vaccinated (he only just turned 12 so couldn’t physically be double jabbed yet). When we booked, double jabbing wasn’t a requirement for children. We are due to travel in a week’s time. Anyone got any suggestions of somewhere else we could go (ideally vaguely warm) which doesn’t require double-jabbing and also would be organisable at a week’s notice? Ideally not needing to order PCR tests booking. Hub and I are double jabbed and boosted.
Thanks in advance.

OP posts:
Please
or

WotgunShedding · 04/02/2022 21:03

Watching with interest! We’ve been looking at Israel though they require PCRs and also Egypt. Haven’t got very far in planning though

Please
or

Stokey · 05/02/2022 07:41

Greece, Croatia & Egypt all just require negative PCRs. Cape Verde & Turkey are also OK I think. My 12 year old had her first vaccine in January so trying to work out where we can go too.

Please
or

zafferana · 05/02/2022 09:48

I think Portugal just changed its rules and as long as you have a valid Covid test before you go you can travel. British Airways has a dedicated area of its website which shows all the travel entry requirements for anywhere it flies to: www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/entry-requirements

Please
or

Zodlebud · 05/02/2022 10:00

Package trip to Mexico. There’s some great deals around.

Please
or

DamnUserName21 · 05/02/2022 10:16

Turkey-proof of recent recovery (within 180 days ) or neg PCR/antigen before travel.

Please
or