Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Canaries?

11 replies

HoliHormonalTigerlilly · 01/02/2022 12:02

Which is the nicest? Least tacky?

OP posts:
Please
or

userxx · 01/02/2022 12:17

Playa Blanca in Lanzarote is lovely. Do the Canaries still have a tacky reputation ? I thought that had long gone.

Please
or

dreamingofsun · 01/02/2022 14:41

second playa blanca, or old town peurto del carmen. Or port de mogan in gran canaria. Around costa adeji (sorry sure all specials wrong) in tenerife has lots of big poshish looking hotels if that floats your boat....we prefer villas though so not really our cup of tea. There are also more remote villas if you want to get away from the crowds, and north tenerife looks more spanish though i've never been as the weather isnt so good in winter

Please
or

trumpisagit · 01/02/2022 14:45

I prefered the bits of Tenerife I saw to the bits of Lanzarote, but I am sure they both have nice areas.
The kids liked the black sand in Tenerife.
I think Futuventura (sp?) is supposed to be nice.

Please
or

Kitkat151 · 01/02/2022 14:48

@userxx

Playa Blanca in Lanzarote is lovely. Do the Canaries still have a tacky reputation ? I thought that had long gone.

I went here back in 2007.....had a lovely holiday
Please
or

Lemonweightloss · 01/02/2022 14:55

I holiday in Tenerife a lot. Yes, Costa Adeje is very nice. Los Gigantes is a lovely area as is Costa del Silencio and Golf del Sur.
It depends what you're looking for really. I go for the sunshine and the eating out ! We prefer Golf del Sur as it's not as 'tacky' as Playa de Las Americas. Although our next holiday will be to Las Americas as we've decided we want some nightlife !

Please
or

Mamadothehump · 01/02/2022 14:58

We love Tenerife and it's soooo much nicer now than it was back in the day! The Americas is definitely more upmarket (apart from Veronica's) and we also really like Costa Adeje.

Please
or

changeling86 · 01/02/2022 14:58

Puerto de la Cruz in northern Tenerife is lovely.

Please
or

gogohm · 01/02/2022 14:58

They are lovely, not tacky, but all have different characters so which is nicest depends on what you seek in a holiday. If you are a family wanting day trips you will want different to me wanting relaxation and a bit of walking plus sailing

Please
or

HoliHormonalTigerlilly · 01/02/2022 22:01

Brilliant thanks all.

OP posts:
Please
or

theyarereallytakingthepissnow · 13/02/2022 09:44

Jumping on this thread. Any recommendations for best area for a family with older teens (19)m we'll want to be doing things, water sports etc

Please
or

FredBair · 13/02/2022 13:26

@theyarereallytakingthepissnow
I went to Costa Adeje Tenerife with teens of 18/19 and it was perfect. Siam park is there and is the most fabulous water park we've ever been to.
Plenty of bars/ restaurants and water sports.

Please
or