Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Greece for a long weekend - girls' trip

7 replies

Groovytiger · 31/01/2022 12:12

A group of four if us want to go away to Greece for 4 or 5 days to celebrate a birthday. Ideally we would like a hotel with a private pool and on all inclusive basis. We would like to go end of December flying from London. Budget is £2500 in total.

OP posts:
Please
or

Meadowbreeze · 31/01/2022 12:52

Greece will be very cold end of December.

Please
or

Auntieobem · 31/01/2022 12:53

Island resorts will be pretty much closed

Please
or

2catsand2kids · 31/01/2022 14:45

In December you’d be better off looking at the canaries as Greek resorts will pretty much be shut down and it will be cold.

Please
or

Ohhelpicantthinkofaname · 31/01/2022 15:29

You could even get snow at the end of December in parts of Greece. It’ll be pretty cold and most things will be shut.

At the end of December your best bet would be the canaries. Not sure if Cyprus might be warmer and have more open than Greece itself? So that could be a possibility.

Please
or

Groovytiger · 31/01/2022 19:50

Sorry, I meant end of September. It's been a long day...!

OP posts:
Please
or

MiniCooperLover · 31/01/2022 21:45

Is the budget £2500 all in or each? Corfu would be lovely. I'm going to Chania for 4 days at the end of May on my own which I'm very excited for. That was about £1700.

Please
or

Groovytiger · 01/02/2022 17:10

We did Corfu for another friend's birthday last year. I love Chania. Budget is £2500 for us together.

OP posts:
Please
or