Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Canaries - Need heated pool, decent gym, close to beach and some restaurants

18 replies

rookiemere · 24/01/2022 20:43

So hoping to go away in October and will be bringing DSs pal and DS obviously, both 16. They're both very into the gym so want a decent one - not a running machine and some 2kg weights, a heated pool and close to the beach and hopefully centre of a resort or at least some shops and restaurants.

We've been to Tenerife a number of times, so would be interested in going to another island, or indeed another country that is warm in October.

OP posts:
Please
or

Swimbikerun · 24/01/2022 20:57

Have a look at Club la santa in Lanzarote, amazing sports facilities

Please
or

rookiemere · 24/01/2022 21:15

Hi @Swimbikerun I looked at Club La Santa but was concerned that the accommodation looked quite basic - are they ok ?

OP posts:
Please
or

minipie · 24/01/2022 21:22

Have a look at Cyprus (Paphos or Limassol)

Or look at Baobab Suites in Tenerife (sorry same island!) we went there a while back but as I recall the gym/sports centre was a big feature. It is a walk from the beach/resort centre but wouldn’t be an issue for fit young 16 yr olds!

Please
or

Swimbikerun · 24/01/2022 21:27

The accommodation is not fancy, the suites are much nicer (and more expensive) it’s a lot better than it used to be, but if you have teens who are into sport then it’s absolutely brilliant.

Please
or

AnyFucker · 24/01/2022 21:30

Iberostar, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote

Please
or

rookiemere · 24/01/2022 21:34

Thanks @AnyFucker we've stayed at an Iberostar before and I liked it so I'll check that out.
@minipie any recommendations for Cyprus ?

OP posts:
Please
or

rookiemere · 24/01/2022 21:36

Oh the Playa Blanca pool only heated from 01 Nov we'd be going in October.

OP posts:
Please
or

userxx · 24/01/2022 21:40

@AnyFucker

Iberostar, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote

If you go to playa Blanca op, you must try Luna Rossa, the most amazing Italian restaurant and so reasonably priced.
Please
or

minipie · 24/01/2022 21:52

I’ve only stayed in one place in Cyprus and I don’t think it had a gym. But for October or Easter sun I prefer it to the Canaries.

Amathus Beach Hotel looks like it has a good gym but haven’t been.

Please
or

rookiemere · 24/01/2022 21:57

Not been to Cyprus before so maybe should give it a go, but will it definitely be 20s in October?

OP posts:
Please
or

JenniferAlisonPhilippaSue · 24/01/2022 22:02

Not been on Holidays section before. Is this how it works - people just say what they’re looking for without so much as a please, and people actually reply? I would say you need a travel agent.

Please
or

rookiemere · 24/01/2022 22:08

@JenniferAlisonPhilippaSue yes indeed that's how it works, is that a problem for you ? And I'd rather take advice from people who have been to the hotels rather than a travel agent.

I am of course grateful to people for their advice, thank you for your recommendations, please keep them coming.

OP posts:
Please
or

minipie · 24/01/2022 22:08

Grin I don’t mind offering suggestions but yes a few pleases and thank yous wouldn’t go amiss.

Please
or

minipie · 24/01/2022 22:09

Cross post!

Please
or

rookiemere · 24/01/2022 22:10

Well this has all gone rather strange Grin

OP posts:
Please
or

idontevenknowanyonecalledblurb · 24/01/2022 22:14

I'd recommend the gf Victoria in Tenerife- sorry same island! Nice resort , short walk to the beach- great running along the beach promenade. Gym and spa and surfing pool.

Please
or

Wtfdidwedo · 24/01/2022 22:18

kanikahotels.com/hotel/olympic-lagoon-resort-agia-napa/ this was nice in Cyprus with a heated indoor pool and fully equipped gym (not that I ever actually went in so can't give personal reviews!) Was a beach just over the road, and limited shops/restaurants about 15 minutes away, then more a bit further on in actual Ayia Napa. It is all inclusive though so we didn't really go anywhere for food as the variety was incredible.

This thread did turn a bit odd!

Please
or

rookiemere · 24/01/2022 22:22

Thanks @idontevenknowanyonecalledblurb - I've not stayed at the Victoria it looks nice. Thanks @Wtfdidwedo that sounds like it would fit the bill perfectly I'll have a look.

OP posts:
Please
or