Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Plane seat for infant

5 replies

EL1984 · 21/01/2022 13:30

Hi, am looking to go to Mallorca with our toddler, he will be about 20 months when we fly. I've just been looking to book flights with BA and it seems you can't book a seat for a child under 2yo.

There's no way I'm flying without a seat for him. He will need space to sit and play with his toys and will not sit on me for more than 5 mins! He's a wriggler!

Is there any way to book a seat for an infant? Do I just lie and choose a child ticket? Have no problem paying for the seat.

Thanks for your help!

OP posts:
Please
or

dementedpixie · 21/01/2022 13:41

You may have to phone to book a seat for an under 2. Maybe just not able to book it online

Please
or

dementedpixie · 21/01/2022 13:44

www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/family-travel/tickets-and-travel-documents if you scroll down there's a bit where it says to contact them to book a seat for an infant

Please
or

LakeShoreD · 21/01/2022 13:44

I totally agree! Last time I did it I booked a child ticket and then I think when it came to putting in the passenger info, obviously put the correct date of birth. But any problems you can call them. It’s also worth checking the price of 2 business class with a lap infant- you would get a row of 3, in my experience they’re usually ok with removing the tray table thing they put over the middle seat and you would get the business class perks too.

Please
or

LakeShoreD · 21/01/2022 13:50

Sorry ignore me because I definitely booked through a partner airline last time, BA would def be a phone call! But definitely check the cost of business class for 2 plus an infant to compare.

Please
or

EL1984 · 21/01/2022 14:08

Thanks @dementedpixi I had looked at that page but hadn't scrolled right down to the bottom.
I will give them a call. Good shout on business class too... the other passengers may not be so pleased 😀

OP posts:
Please
or