Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Where will have pools warm enough or a 3 year old to swim in during the last week of May/first week June?

13 replies

Forfamily123 · 20/01/2022 09:51

^ looking to rebook with TUI for these 2 weeks all inclusive, family and good with allergies. I’m struggling to work out if Cyprus or The Canaries will be warm enough. If not there then where?

OP posts:
Please
or

EileenGC · 20/01/2022 10:00

Canaries will be warm, approaching 30º by June. Beach or resort pools? Depending on the island and specific area the sea might not be super warm yet, so if warm sea water is a requirement I’d select the island and side of it very carefully.

Please
or

AnnaSW1 · 20/01/2022 10:03

Canaries

Please
or

rookiemere · 20/01/2022 10:04

Canaries but check if pool is heated. Some heat year round and some are only winter months.

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 20/01/2022 10:05

We went to Sardinia in early June and it was glorious. The beaches tend to be gently shelving so the sea was fine for toddlers.

Please
or

Forfamily123 · 20/01/2022 10:24

Mostly swimming in the pool. Will an unheated pool be too cold at this time of year?

OP posts:
Please
or

Almostwelsh · 20/01/2022 11:51

We went to Crete that week and the unheated pool was a bit on the cold side. My teens managed ok with it, but a 3yr old maybe not.

Please
or

rookiemere · 20/01/2022 11:52

I'm a bit of a softy and find unheated pools too cold even if it's in the height of summer. Toddlers and DCs could wear all in one swimsuits to make it a bit less chilly and as they're splashing around so much they don't seem to notice the lack of heat so much, but of course if you need an adult to accompany them then you need to be comfortable as well

Please
or

Jemimapuddleduk · 20/01/2022 11:53

Lanzarote. It will be lovely that time of year. We adore playa Blanca. Great for families.

Please
or

welshweasel · 20/01/2022 11:54

Canaries, Turkey, Egypt, Greek islands, Cyprus

Please
or

Forfamily123 · 20/01/2022 16:50

Thanks guys. From what I can see so far most pools are only heated until the end of April.

OP posts:
Please
or

Lykia · 20/01/2022 22:35

Canaries will be warm. When you choose your hotel put heated pool or cold pool in the search box on Trip Advisor to see what other travellers have said. You can even narrow it down to the month they travelled in too.

I don't leave anything to chance and a heated pool is a must for me.

Please
or

Meredusoleil · 21/01/2022 19:46

We went to Cyprus in April and the weather was lively. Low 20s at least. The pool was unheated and still rather cold for me. But the sea was not too bad in comparison!

Please
or

Meredusoleil · 21/01/2022 19:47

Lively = lovely 🤦

Please
or