Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Barcelona - Must visit ideas?

9 replies

Travelbug7 · 15/01/2022 15:58

We are in Barcelona early April for only 2 days so I am trying to plan what we do, has anyone got recommendations?

Essentially the must see's only

I will be going to the Sagrada, & the magic mountain is supposed to be lovely. Anything else?

OP posts:
Please
or

Bichette · 15/01/2022 16:12

All the Gaudi houses are fab, my favourites are Parc Guell and la Casa Batllo on the Passeig de Gracia.
Walk down Las Ramblas and along the seafront, Port area.
The cable car is a great way to see the sights.
The cathedral in the Gothic quarter.
Arc de triomph and the parc de la Cuitadella.
The Catalan music hall is also stunning inside, they do guided tours in English.

Please
or

AuntieMarys · 15/01/2022 16:14

Book going up the tower in the Sagrada

Please
or

SummaLuvin · 15/01/2022 16:18

I went a few years ago and the best food I had was from a tapas bar (I think in the gothic quarter) called Tapeo.

My main recommendation is, if you are able to, walk everywhere, you see so much more of the city that way.

Please
or

Happyhelen86 · 15/01/2022 16:20

Barcelona is a beautiful city, when I went I did the cathedral, did an artist museum, the football stadium tour, just generally walked around and there's some fountains that have a production to music at night. They all light up and the music played out speakers! Draws a big crowd but it's amazing! Can't remember what it's called but sure if you googled it your find out the name and where it is!
Have a great trip!

Please
or

Happyhelen86 · 15/01/2022 16:21

Oh and Barcelona zoo was good!

Please
or

dementedma · 15/01/2022 16:48

Yes, the light up fountains are amazing.

Please
or

ShanghaiDiva · 15/01/2022 16:53

I went over 20 years ago and there was a hop on, hop off bus which was a pretty efficient way of seeing the sights and you can choose where you want to spend your time and for how long.
city-sightseeing.com/en/17/barcelona?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=barcelona_en&utm_term=hop%20on%20hop%20off%20barcelona&utm_content=Barcelona&gclid=CjwKCAiA_omPBhBBEiwAcg7smYuVExvGvNnpHr-MhIQPuIfvef8eSzDXQ3Q5Vsj60Bsn_VxZOReyLhoCgtcQAvD_BwE

Please
or

BillGigolo · 15/01/2022 16:55

The Palau de la Musica is amazing and has a lovely wee cafe for a glass of wine. Granja Viader is a proper old school cafe that does the best hot chocolate you will ever have. Also just wandering about the Gracia district - much less busy and touristy than the centre and full of great wee restaurants and cafes. And I love to get churros from the Xurreria Trebol and sit in the beautiful gardens at Palau Robert (free entry, nice toilets!).

Please
or

Blueberrycreampie · 15/01/2022 16:58

I loved visiting La Boqueria, the market situated off Las Ramblas. Lots of lovely food and drink.

Please
or