Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Canary Islands accommodation

7 replies

Retrievemysanity · 13/01/2022 15:02

Anyone got any recommendations for canary island accommodation and location? I’ve got 13 and 11 year old DD’s (13 year old has SEN and acts younger than a typical teen) who love swimming/water slides and are a bit too old for kids clubs but not yet in full teen mode so do like some organised activities. Looking for May so probably need a heated pool?

OP posts:
Please
or

dreamingofsun · 13/01/2022 16:49

if you search on here there are a number of hotels people recommend. We like playa blanca and also peurto del carmen old town. I think i'd go to playa blanca if i had kids.

Please
or

Retrievemysanity · 13/01/2022 17:21

@dreamingofsun thank you I did try and search in this section but it just brought up threads that weren’t really what I was looking for (younger kids or general areas!). I’m finding this in between stage really tricky with the girls!

OP posts:
Please
or

dreamingofsun · 13/01/2022 17:28

sorry i cant really help with hotels as have never used them - always gone selfcatering either in a villa or apartment (verde apartments at peurto del carmen) - though not sure about kids there as we go in winter and there is usually an older crowd. I dont think you could go wrong with playa blanca though as long as you are walking distance from the front. There is a marina at one end and several sandy beaches; with a walkway along the front and bars/restaurants overlooking the sea. Its a bit further from the airport than peurto del carmen. guess u have checked trip advisor for hotels?

Please
or

Retrievemysanity · 13/01/2022 17:34

Yes, had a look at tripadvisor to get some ideas. I’ve been to puerto del carmen but 20 years ago so can’t really remember it and it was pre kids so a very different holiday!

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 13/01/2022 18:05

Spring hotel Bitacora in Tenerife has slides, a heated pool, interconnecting rooms and a teens hangout.

Please
or

foobio · 13/01/2022 18:09

Tui Magic Life Fuerteventura is great for teens, especially if they are sporty! Download the app to see the entertainments and activities on offer. (Note this area is very popular with Germans but when we were there the groups of teens were mostly speaking English to each other due to there being Brits and Dutch and French in the mix too)

Please
or

Retrievemysanity · 22/01/2022 12:17

@Fivemoreminutes1 we’ve booked bitacora! Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or