Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Recommendations for non-UK Feb half-term holiday with single vaccinated over-12 year old

6 replies

FeelingCovidedOut2022 · 08/01/2022 12:13

My 14 year old DD won't be able to have her second vaccine dose on time for the Feb half term holidays.
We had been hoping to go skiing in France, and just do the daily testing, but that has gone up the spout now with the pass vaccinale.

Looking for suggestions as where we might go.
Have looked at Spain, but I think she will need to be double-vaccinated to enter, no?

OP posts:
Please
or

zafferana · 08/01/2022 13:40

Yes, she definitely has to be double vaxxed for Spain, as that's the issue we had at new year (our trip is re-booked for Feb half-term when DS1 will have had a 2nd vaccine).

I don't know where you can go single jabbed. We drew a blank.

Please
or

abricotine · 08/01/2022 13:52

Switzerland

Please
or

FeelingCovidedOut2022 · 08/01/2022 14:23

Thanks @abricotine - I didn't know about Switzerland!
Will look into it and maybe we'll be able to have a skiing holiday after all!

OP posts:
Please
or

astuz · 08/01/2022 14:57

Also, Italy and the US. Both require an antigen (lateral flow) test to enter for everyone, but if the adults they are travelling with a fully vaccinated, then any children (under 18) are exempt.

Please
or

FeelingCovidedOut2022 · 08/01/2022 15:50

Thanks @astutz - I'm afraid it seems that you need a Super Green Covid pass for over 12s from tomorrow to access restaurants, public transport, etc. Sad
We are able to go to France with DD being single vaxxed, but don't really see the point if we can't access ski lifts, restaurants and can't get to the mountains by TGV Sad

OP posts:
Please
or

Watapalava · 09/01/2022 18:52

unvax teens can go skiing in austria with the ninja pass - 3 covid tests over the 7 days.

Please
or