Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Cadiz in Spain? Are there nice sea side villages nearby?

6 replies

Good2Goooooo · 05/01/2022 20:44

Hi,

Were thinking of going to Cadiz for a few days in the summer & would love to spend a week nearby at a sea side location, somewhere quiet .
We love seafood & culture !
I would really appreciate any insights & tips into going to Cadiz & the surrounding area as we've never been before .Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

MangosteenSoda · 05/01/2022 21:06

I love Cádiz. It has a really different feel to the rest of Andalucía imo. Hopefully someone with a much better knowledge of the surrounds will be around soon. Over the years, I’ve looked at going to nearby places, but have always thought the coastal places look a bit too much like working towns, rather than places to have a holiday. Happy to hear differently though.

Closest beachy place I’ve stayed in is Tarifa, a lovely relaxed (small) beach town in the area but closer to Gibraltar than Cádiz. Gorgeous big sandy beach with clear shallow water. Can be v windy though. It’s popular for water sports.

Please
or

RedRobin100 · 05/01/2022 21:08

Stayed in Conil de la Frontera years ago was a lovely wee town and beach.
Always think about how I’d love to go back to be honest..!

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 06/01/2022 11:24

El Puerto de Santa Maria is near to Cadiz and has a lot of beach side hotels. Huge sandy beach. And Conil as mentioned above. I love Cadiz. There is Rick Stein episode where he spent the weekend there.

Please
or

Good2Goooooo · 08/01/2022 17:05

Thanks for all your suggestions.
I shall look into it further . Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

mrspk · 08/01/2022 18:32

Another vote for Conil de la Frontera, lovely place 😀

Please
or

Funf · 08/01/2022 19:28

I dont feel you need to leave Cadiz. It has two nice beaches and loads of nice proper eating places this is our favourite
www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187432-d15065889-Reviews-Casa_Pepe-Cadiz_Costa_de_la_Luz_Andalucia.html

Just follow the locals as they will show you the best spots, wish we were going!

Please
or