Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

New York hotel recommendations.

9 replies

CrimbleCrumble1 · 31/12/2021 14:40

My DH has just redeemed his Amex reward companion voucher and booked business class seats to New York. We’re going for five nights and I’m looking for a hotel or at least an area recommendation as I’ve never been to New York before.

OP posts:
Please
or

mdh2020 · 31/12/2021 14:43

Buy the Everyman guide. It divides the city up into blocks and shows you what is in each block so you can do a block or two each day. We like to stay near Times Square but that’s because we book theatres.

Please
or

whiteroseredrose · 31/12/2021 14:50

We stayed in a hotel called The Giraffe which was lovely and centrally located.

They also provided free breakfast and drinks / snacks at about 5pm. Ideal after a busy day.

Please
or

CrimbleCrumble1 · 31/12/2021 14:51

Thank you, I’ll order the book.

OP posts:
Please
or

Upupupintheair · 31/12/2021 14:54

I like the RIU plaza Times Square (I was there in 2019) snd it was in a great location and clean modern rooms and a nice breakfast. Ask for a higher floor room for great views ☺️

Please
or

Runnerlou89 · 31/12/2021 17:42

Depends on your budget as you could easily spend $$$$ but we stayed in The Kixby in Jan 2020, I did a lot of research and it seemed to be great value for a good location, just around the corner from Empire State Buliding and Macys. Recently refurbished when we went, had no complaints at all.

Please
or

CrimbleCrumble1 · 31/12/2021 17:44

Thanks everybody, DH has gone a bit mad and booked The Plaza!

OP posts:
Please
or

Amelion · 31/12/2021 23:20

I love The Bowery Smile

Please
or

whiteroseredrose · 01/01/2022 17:54

Wow!! DS wanted to go there for it's Home Alone connection.

You might bump into Trump in the foyer......

Please
or

CrimbleCrumble1 · 01/01/2022 18:22

whiteroseredrose I can imagine Trump standing by the waffle machine at breakfast!

OP posts:
Please
or