Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Randox PCR tests for children - to choose fully vaccinated or unvaccinated?

7 replies

tidyupandeatyourgreens · 11/12/2021 14:26

I'm not sure whether it's me overthinking things but I don't know what day 2 PCR tests to choose for my 13 and 8 year old children for when we return from France to the UK? I'm going to get them from Randox but you have to choose whether you want a 'fully vaccinated' day 2 PCR test or an 'unvaccinated' one. My 13 year old has only had one dose of vaccine (all they can have a the moment in the UK) so is she considered fully vaccinated or not? She's certainly not unvaccinated but isn't 'fully' vaccinated either! Does it actually matter which test we get as long as it's a day 2 PCR test? Why do Randox make the distinction? Is it just a 'status' thing or does it make a difference to the testing process? My 8 year is unvaccinated but now I'm wondering whether she's considered fully vaccinated under UK vaccine status guidance because she's under 18 and travelling with fully vaccinated parents? My head is fried and I need to order soon - no reply from Randox yet and can't get through on their phone line and not in their FAQ section. Can anyone help?

OP posts:
Please
or

dementedpixie · 11/12/2021 14:33

You're only fully vaccinated if you are 14 days after your 2nd dose of vaccine

Please
or

lljkk · 11/12/2021 14:34

I have exact same Q for 13yo & 17yo.

Please
or

tidyupandeatyourgreens · 11/12/2021 14:37

why do you have to have a different day 2 test depending on whether or not you're fully vaccinated?

OP posts:
Please
or

lljkk · 11/12/2021 14:40

Reading this makes me think that kids (vaccd or not) can do the same test as fully vaccinated adults.

Please
or

lljkk · 11/12/2021 14:44

Here, this says kids under 17/18 follow same rules as fully vaccinated adults.

Please
or

abricotine · 11/12/2021 19:08

@lljkk

Here, this says kids under 17/18 follow same rules as fully vaccinated adults.

This is exactly what I’ve always understood too Smile
Please
or

tidyupandeatyourgreens · 11/12/2021 19:58

Thank you so much!! I will order fully vaccinated tests for all 4 of us... Thank you for clarifying :)

OP posts:
Please
or