Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Jet2 refunds

7 replies

MamaWren · 30/11/2021 09:27

Has anyone cancelled their Jet2 flights online and got a refund? We can't travel because of an unvaccinated 12 year old so are entitled to a refund, but I don't know if I can do this online??
Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

CharlotteRose90 · 30/11/2021 23:04

Nope do not do it online as you won’t get a refund and sadly travel insurance isn’t covering it. You can try ringing them and see what they say. Far as I know they are amending holidays but for a fee.

Please
or

MamaWren · 01/12/2021 07:15

I eventually managed to call them ( over 2 hours on hold) but a five minute conversation has resulted in a full refund, no issues.
They are offering full refunds for anyone who's booking to Spain has a 12 to under 16 year old as it's not possible for them to travel at the moment.

OP posts:
Please
or

PurpleFlower1983 · 02/12/2021 07:27

In my experience, Jet2 are brilliant, they are offering full refunds for holidays too.

Please
or

Furrybutts · 04/12/2021 22:15

That is fantastic MamaWren
I was due to travel with them to The Canaries for Christmas and New year, but my travel companion is unvaccinated, and we can only have a refund voucher.

Please
or

Frostytiger87 · 05/12/2021 06:58

Jet are brilliant giving full refunds we were due to fly to Spain for Xmas with a single jabbed teen
Ryanair will not give a refund for our flights the travel company are giving refunds on hotels & transfers . We are set to lose over £1000 on flights so we are hoping to reschedule the same holiday at the end of next year now .

Please
or

holymolyguacamoles · 05/12/2021 07:13

@Furrybutts

That is fantastic MamaWren
I was due to travel with them to The Canaries for Christmas and New year, but my travel companion is unvaccinated, and we can only have a refund voucher.

Is the canaries under the same rules as mainland Spain? So an unvaccinated adult
Would not be able to go there?

If so, are they ok about giving refunds under these circumstances? (For the whole family?)

Also how far ahead would they refund for the holiday and any crystal ball guesses as to whether and when the rules may change? (And unvaccinated will be let in?)
Please
or

MamaWren · 05/12/2021 07:32

I think Jet2 are only offering full refunds if it's impossible for someone on your booking to be fully vaccinated i.e teenagers under 16. Otherwise they will move the booking.
Let's hope the rules are relaxed soon!
I must say that Jet2 have been great. Having requested a refund on Tuesday, we had the money in the bank on Friday.

OP posts:
Please
or