Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Efteling with 11 and 8 year old. Stay on site or somewhere else?

9 replies

Invasionofthegutsnatchers · 07/11/2021 10:55

5 days at Easter. We will drive via euro tunnel. Any experiences please?

OP posts:
Please
or

WhatonEarth1 · 07/11/2021 15:56

For that long, I’d stay at Beekse Bergen and have three days at Efteling and two at Beekse Bergen.

Please
or

user1471483687 · 07/11/2021 19:07

We stayed at GuestHouse Hotel Kaatsheuvel when we visited, which is walking distance to the park and right beside a supermarket for snacks. We found 1 day enough as the park was not overly busy in Feb halfterm and we went on all the rides. We combined it with a trip to Amsterdam.

Please
or

Treecreature · 07/11/2021 19:18

5 days is a lot for Efteling, maybe have a look for other things in the area for some days. Antwerp is only an hour away if you're driving. We loved it, but didn't know some of the fairy tales so while things were lots of fun I didn't always get the context. Would recommend reading the Brothers Grimm before you go.

Please
or

Invasionofthegutsnatchers · 07/11/2021 19:54

Thanks. We've stayed at Kempervennen before and loved it but wanted to try somewhere new. Thinking maybe 2 nights at Efteling and 3 at a CP or landal Park or similar, with a pool.

OP posts:
Please
or

2catsand2kids · 07/11/2021 20:34

We did three nights in Beekse Bergen and two nights in the hotel in Efteling when we went in the Easter holidays and it was a fantastic holiday, would definitely recommend that combo.

Please
or

NannyOggsWhiskyStash · 07/11/2021 20:37

We just came back from the Efteling, I would recommend renting a chalet at the park for 2 nights, and somewhere else for the remaining days. Have fun, it's a lovely place.

Please
or

MotherWol · 08/11/2021 20:04

@WhatonEarth1 is it easy to get from Beekse Bergen to Efteling? I’m looking at next year, DD1 is obsessed with safari animals so BB is a definite. I’d like to do Efteling as well but on site accommodation is pretty expensive, but if it’s doable as a day trip that would be great.

Please
or

WhatonEarth1 · 09/11/2021 05:04

@MotherWol We drove and it took us about 20 mins

Please
or

MissAmbrosia · 09/11/2021 09:41

Duinrell is another possibility.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?