Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Child's first passport wait time? Going to miss the wedding!

17 replies

Senorasurf · 04/11/2021 14:44

My sister is greeting married next weekend abroad. My daughters application for a first passport was received on 12th October (online) and the documents were sent recorded delivery and arrived on 18th October. The tracking site didn't update to documents received until the 22nd October.
I hoped and prayed we would get the passport in time (the we're not fast track options when j first did the application) but still haven't received anything.

We are supposed to fly on the 12th November (8 days time!) ShockConfused

We literally couldn't have done anything faster as my daughter was born, we got the first registration appointment we could book and then made the passport application straight after.

Passport office said there isn't anything I can do as would need to cancel the original application in writing in order to make a fast track appointment but this would be too long and we'd miss the wedding.

How long has it taken recent child passports from documents received at office to passport through your letterbox?
I need to hope!! Please! SadSadSad

OP posts:
Please
or

justabigdisco · 04/11/2021 14:47

I just did a childs renewal and it took 4 weeks and 3 days. First passports take longer I’m afraid

Please
or

Boomquiffa · 04/11/2021 14:52

Three weeks exactly from them confirming receipt to passport being dispatched. Child renewal.

Please
or

Winniemarysarah · 04/11/2021 14:54

I applied the beginning of august just for a child’s renewal. I’m still waiting.

Please
or

Senorasurf · 04/11/2021 15:07

Bugger bugger bugger bugger SadSadSadSad

OP posts:
Please
or

Fedupofballs · 04/11/2021 22:47

I applied beginning of October for a child renewal and it arrived yesterday. I’m not optimistic for you.

Please
or

Bonnealle · 04/11/2021 23:01

About six weeks. Over a week was between informing me they had sent it and it actually being delivered! Apparently this has been a common problem with TNT deliveries.

Please
or

Bonnealle · 04/11/2021 23:04

Just checked my texts. It was just over 4 weeks between the confirmation HM received my documents until delivery

Please
or

starsinthegutter · 04/11/2021 23:09

6 weeks for us, for a renewal. Sorry 😞

Please
or

gogohm · 04/11/2021 23:12

I had issues in jan 20, I called and they said nothing they could do but they obviously did something as it came the next day

Please
or

toomuchlaundry · 04/11/2021 23:14

Were you pregnant when your sister booked her wedding? Surely there was a risk you might not be able to go depending on how you felt after having the baby, never mind the passport issue

Please
or

Senorasurf · 11/11/2021 10:28

Oh my god, just got it through the door. Flight is in less that 24 hours! How lucky!!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Sprig1 · 11/11/2021 10:35

Amazing. Enjoy the wedding.

Please
or

Talipesmum · 11/11/2021 10:37

Omg I bet you can’t believe it!

Please
or

Senorasurf · 11/11/2021 11:14

@toomuchlaundry

Were you pregnant when your sister booked her wedding? Surely there was a risk you might not be able to go depending on how you felt after having the baby, never mind the passport issue

It's been delayed a few times because of covid :(
OP posts:
Please
or

rookiemere · 11/11/2021 11:27

Brilliant- well done you for holding your nerve and not cancelling flights or anything

Please
or

justabigdisco · 11/11/2021 13:44

Amazing!!

Please
or

JadeSeahorse · 11/11/2021 13:50

Fantastic!

Hope the wedding goes really, really well!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?