Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Best carry-on suitcase?

4 replies

FleetwoodRaincoat · 31/10/2021 11:44

Would like to buy DS a case for all the travels he's planning. He's 19 and likes Vans/Converse etc. He only really likes black or white, which narrows it down a bit.

Basically I'm after some recommendations for good quality but "cool" luggage. Does anyone have any suggestions please? I've looked at Eastpak and Tripp so far, but still can't see anything I think he'll like. Don't mind if it's hard or soft and preferably costs under £100.

Thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or

jaundicedoutlook · 31/10/2021 16:26

Travelpro suitcases are great. Used by lots of airlines as their crew cases. We have two for hold luggage though not a carry on - much better than the Samsonites we had before. Not cheap but not crazily expensive either…

eu.travelpro.com/

Please
or

emmathedilemma · 31/10/2021 18:24

I have an eastpak that's been one of my best ever bags. It has a padded compartment inside the lid so useful if you're limited to one bag and need to take a laptop or iPad.

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 02/11/2021 04:19

Kipling do luggage and lots of colours so might have something. I'd get black not white, which is likely to look grubby quite quickly.

They have shops in a lot of outlet malls, so good for actually examining the item before you buy and might get a good deal, they do seem to have quite a lot of sales and offers anyway and also sell on Amazon and a few other places.

www.kipling.com/uk-en/luggage/shop-by/cabin-size-c10589/

Please
or

Flouts1 · 02/11/2021 15:25

I’ve had my set of trip luggage for 4 years now and they take a lot of battering but still in very good condition

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?