Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone been to Heathrow for a PCR/LAMP test?

4 replies

alphabetspagetti · 17/10/2021 22:25

DD needs a PCR or LAMP test on Weds, Thurs or Fri this week. I was going to do one of the (paid for) postal PCR tests but it's occurred to me that there's a testing centre at Heathrow and I could just avoid a lot of uncertainty and worry about the whole postal aspect of it by just taking DD there, getting the test done and then waiting for the message giving me the outcome.
Has anyone done this? We live relatively close by but I can't think of anyone I know who has done this. Yes, it's a bit more expensive but may be worth it for the peace of mind and it's only one test.

OP posts:
Please
or

boismint · 17/10/2021 23:00

I was thoroughly impressed with expresstest - there was a bit of a wait when we went at 7PM (some half term departures were ramping up) but everyone was dealt with fairly. We had the “next day before 10PM” option (49 with discount) and it was back around 3:30PM the next day. I agree with you re the postal aspect as at T4 the lab is onsite. Worked for us (results were also accurate… that’s another story Hmm)

Please
or

Franklin12 · 17/10/2021 23:24

I went to a conference recently and there was an Express Test Stand and I got talking to the chap and his advice if you need a PCR test 72 hours in advance is ALWAYS get it done in person. Don’t rely on the post ever!

Please
or

mobear · 17/10/2021 23:28

We used Collinson at Heathrow in July and they were excellent.

Please
or

alphabetspagetti · 18/10/2021 06:09

Thanks for the reassurance. All booked.
@boismint was one of your party positive meaning you've had to cancel or postpone? How disappointing

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?