My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Recommendations for great family hotel in Cornwell/Devon?

9 replies

scrumpy · 11/11/2004 20:33

Wondering if anyone can recommend a really good family hotel in Devon/Cornwell. Looking to go away with DH and DS who is 9 months old for a weekend in a couple of weeks. Would like to go somewhere where it is possible to enjoy a meal whilst monitornig Ds.Any ideas greatly received!!

thanks

OP posts:
scrumpy · 11/11/2004 20:36

I mean Cornwall!!! and monitoring end of a long day

OP posts:
melsy · 11/11/2004 20:48

If you would like a very english experience, we stayed at Carlyon bay when I was preggers for a few days. They had a playroom/swimming pool and evening entertainment. Also baby listening and will come to find you if there's activity in room as they get a light flashing at reception. Quite nice rooms and they have been gradually redecorating. Its very civilised and right on the edge of a cliff area , so the views in the sea view rooms were lovely.ooh and its right near the EDEN project.

carlyon bay

lucysmum · 11/11/2004 21:02

Fowey Hall, Fowey - part of Luxury Family Hotel group

WestCountryLass · 11/11/2004 23:14

When I went to Fowey Hall the food was crap.

serenequeen · 11/11/2004 23:19

have a look at Bedruthan Steps - absolutely wonderful for kids, not quite so good for adults. what kind of break are you looking for?

serenequeen · 11/11/2004 23:25

sorry should be Bedruthan Steps

surfermum · 12/11/2004 11:40

If I had the money I would go to the Fowey Hotel. Its a while since I've been but the food used to really good and the bar has fantastic views over the river to Polruan. I have this dream of being there, dh taking dd for a (very long) walk, while I enjoy the view, drink coffee and read the papers!

Anteater · 12/11/2004 14:44

Fowey Hall have some building work going on at moment. 10% off being offered, but may get more..
Were going in December and 0ur kids wont notice cos our house is a building site

joash · 12/11/2004 16:40

Try The Falcon Hotel in Bude - fabulous place

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.