Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Covid passport in different name

7 replies

Tina5478f · 07/10/2021 06:56

Hi all.

So, I got divorced 4 years ago.

My passport is still in my married name. I've heptathlon it like that so that it's the same as the kids when travelling.

However. Due to go away 18th October and it's just dawned on me when I've printed off my covid passport that the names are different.

So now I'm panicking. But I'm guessing this is quote a common occurrence. Maybe not common, but certainly not unheard of.

Changing my name back ti my married name isn't an option on GP records.

So has anyone had this and will they accept accompanying documents such as my divorce certificate?

Panicking like he'll!

OP posts:
Please
or

Ginfilledcats · 07/10/2021 07:06

I had this issue when we went away twice in august. Passport in maiden name, as was flights obviously, but covid in married.

I was advised to take my marriage certificate and driving licence (married name) as evidence. No one in either airport on either holiday asked for proof or even said anything about the names being different.

we flew with jet 2 and somewhere on their website it said something about ringing them to put a note on the file, we tried but couldn't get through.

I'm sure you'll be fine tbh but if you have any additional I'd you could take that might help

Please
or

PortIsaac68 · 07/10/2021 08:27

I don’t know whether to order the day 2 PCR tests for when we return from Greece on 30 October. Government says they will change PCR requirement to lateral flow. Any advice whether it’s best to wait a bit longer as don’t want to waste £60. Thanks.

Please
or

Tina5478f · 07/10/2021 09:03

Personally I would wait. I come back on 23rd and not hopeful it will have changed by then so I'll have to sort mine. So frustrating. I only just realised my 13 year old needs a fit to fly test. And i have an 11 year old and information is so conflicting as UK use 11 as the age to not need the fit to fly but Spain is 12. So I'm hoping that's okay . I must say this holiday is becoming more and more hassle and I better be worth it !

OP posts:
Please
or

Tina5478f · 07/10/2021 09:05

This is so helpful ! Hoping as DOB etc is the same it's okay. I have Mt two boys with me with the same name as passport. Tbh I'm not worried at all a out UK end it's the Spanish end I'm worried about with the language barrier

OP posts:
Please
or

thinkfast · 07/10/2021 09:06

My mother had medical records in maiden name and passport in married name. She changed the name on her medical records to travel to Spain as quicker than passport. Hth.

Please
or

MadamNoo · 07/10/2021 09:10

For my re entry form I had to enter the barcode of my pre-booked day 2 test so just look into that before you decide not to order it

Please
or

PortIsaac68 · 07/10/2021 13:40

Thanks. This is helpful yes it’s so confusing. I found it difficult to find any information relating to under 18s who’ve had the one jab and are travelling with fully vacc parents. TUI says our 12 year old needs a rapid antigen test before we fly so I will order that and then wait to see for news on the lateral flow on return.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?