Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Chronomics

12 replies

Annasouthlondon · 29/09/2021 22:48

Hi all, has anyone used Chronomics for their pre-departure lateral flow test? I have just done mine and immediately received a "patient report" showing my negative test result. I am not sure that it will be accepted as a fit to fly certificate. Has anyone used this company and their pre-departure lateral flow test- did you get a patient report that was accepted or did you get a fit to fly certificate? Thank you.

OP posts:
Please
or

Annasouthlondon · 30/09/2021 09:11

Anyone?😬

OP posts:
Please
or

pingster · 30/09/2021 09:13

We used then and was fine - the emailed certificate was accepted

Please
or

Annasouthlondon · 30/09/2021 09:22

Thank you @pingster did the certificate that you received just say “patient report” at the top? No mention of “fit to fly” or certificate?

OP posts:
Please
or

Janek · 30/09/2021 17:15

We used them to come back from France and the certificates said 'patient report' on them - it's a report on the patient, not the patient reporting!!!

Please
or

72WayTooCool · 30/09/2021 23:01

I'm currently 'trying' to use them. I've ordered two tests, one for DH, one for me. We fly on Saturday. One has arrived, one is missing. Cannot get hold of them and they don't seem to have a helpline. I've had to order another test from another supplier as I can't risk the other one not turning up tomorrow.

Please
or

loadypoady · 01/10/2021 05:51

I feel your pain. I’ve purchased tests from them I go on holiday on 9th October. They say they will be despatched 5 days before departure. I really wish they would despatch them on receipt of the order to give their customers piece of mind. For this fact I will not purchase from them again.

Please
or

Janek · 01/10/2021 08:07

@loadypoady I logged in and amended the date I was travelling to get them sooner. They were dispatched on a Sunday and arrived on Monday (which was two days before I said I was travelling).

The annoying part was that they only mentioned the dispatch date once I'd ordered - before ordering it said 'dispatched within 48 hours'. Once they were dispatched we had no issues though, but given my time again I would order from C19.

Please
or

loadypoady · 01/10/2021 12:52

@Janek thank you for that useful advice. I have just done that and amended my date.
The ridiculous thing is they say they despatch 5 days before travel but the despatch date given is 4 days before. I did email them and ask if they would bring the despatch forward and they have not responded.

Please
or

Janek · 01/10/2021 13:24

I had exactly the same experience, although they did respond to my email, with something generic about them arriving in time for me to 'pop them in my suitcase'. I find popping much easier when I know that I actually have something!!!

Please
or

loadypoady · 01/10/2021 14:35

Our issue is they are entry tests to the holiday country and why I am worried about them.
Roll on next year when hopefully all this malarkey will no longer be required.

Please
or

loadypoady · 02/10/2021 23:11

Would you believe we have been informed today that entry tests are no longer required if fully vaccinated, we are going to Croatia.
Oh well we are going away in November and hopefully the day 2 test will be lateral flow by that point and we will use them then. In a way I’m pleased as it takes away the stress of the test and if they go to waste so be it.

Please
or

LyndaLaHughes · 02/10/2021 23:35

@Annasouthlondon

Hi all, has anyone used Chronomics for their pre-departure lateral flow test? I have just done mine and immediately received a "patient report" showing my negative test result. I am not sure that it will be accepted as a fit to fly certificate. Has anyone used this company and their pre-departure lateral flow test- did you get a patient report that was accepted or did you get a fit to fly certificate? Thank you.

If you mean to return to the UK, then yes I've used the Chronomics lateral flow certificate no problem.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?