Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone been to Turkey recently?

8 replies

raaaasss · 27/09/2021 18:02

Has anyone been to Turkey in the last couple of months, was everything OK with covid regulations? Any other advice?

This is our first holiday since before covid and I noticed that there are no threads on here about Turkey.. Is anyone going?!

OP posts:
Please
or

Mixitupalot · 27/09/2021 18:23

Watching as we are going in the new year!

Please
or

happytoday73 · 28/09/2021 22:02

As its been red list till very very recently you are unlikely to get many replies

Please
or

stilllookingforthehills · 30/09/2021 20:39

Returned about a month ago, spent 7 weeks there for the summer as my husband lives there. Came back via Italy and to avoid quarantine and worth it. Had the most amazing time and everyone was wearing masks. You'll need. HES code which allows you to enter restaurants and shopping malls. All can be accessed on the Turkish government website. A PCR test on my return in a private hospital cost £19 and results in 24hrs via email. Couldn't fault Turkey one bit. Heading back out in October half term.

Please
or

raaaasss · 02/10/2021 10:11

Thanks stilllooking! We are going in half term so I'll report back.

OP posts:
Please
or

Frazzled2207 · 02/10/2021 10:22

It has been on the red list until very recently so there will barely be anyone who’s gone who is already back

Please
or

KellyMarieTunstall2 · 05/10/2021 17:08

My sister returned from Turkey on 04/10 and had a perfectly lovely time. PCR before she left and a day 2 test. She said it was straight forward. It was very quiet, and she felt Covid safe as you can be on holiday.

Please
or

raaaasss · 07/10/2021 19:58

Salsa KMT2. They have just changed their rules for arrivals and now don't need a pcr if vaccinated. Very excited!

OP posts:
Please
or

raaaasss · 29/10/2021 07:39

No idea what "salsa KMT2" meant, maybe "thanks everyone ".

We went, it was great. Nothing problematic to report, just a note that it's probably easiest to take Euros, I hadn't been to Turkey for over 15 yrs and everything assumed at tourists is priced in euros. If you're going to supermarkets etc maybe a few lira too.

We stayed in a resort, took a day trip in a taxi and the only time I was quoted a price in lira was in a newsagents getting a bottle of water.

We had a fantastic break and I wish the same for anyone else going!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?