Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Can you speed up passport processing?

6 replies

CocoSims · 24/09/2021 18:17

My sisters gown and booked her flights and hotel and still hasn’t had her passport back. She’s having a medical procedure abroad and panicking. The passports been gone by or 3 weeks and when she logs in it’s still says ‘processing’.

She’s going to call them but does anyone know if it’s possible fo speed up getting a passport once it’s actually been applied for normally and reached the processing stage? She’s happy to pay or travel to get it done.

She travels on the 5th, hopes to!

OP posts:
Please
or

Winterautumn · 24/09/2021 22:06

Yes you can upgrade to the same day service, you need to go to passport office and wait till it’s processed and you pay a fee

Please
or

CocoSims · 25/09/2021 01:40

Thanks very much. The government sites only giving the 1 week options, not same day. Not sure if I’m missing something…. This would be perfect though!

OP posts:
Please
or

Hihelp · 25/09/2021 01:43

Sorry, I’m going to just leave an eye roll here: 🙄.

Please
or

CocoSims · 25/09/2021 10:28

Why waste time bothering to do that? It’s because of people like you my sister didn’t come on here and ask for advice herself. I’m sure you’re perfect 👍🏻 Well done

OP posts:
Please
or

kitcat15 · 25/09/2021 10:49

Don't think same day passports happening anymore since covid....

Please
or

PotteringAlong · 25/09/2021 10:57

www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/online-premium-service

This seems to suggest that you need to take your old passport with you for the one day service so I think that, as she’s already sent it off, she will just have to sit and wait.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?