Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Sandals resorts - Barbados / St Lucia ?

13 replies

stevalnamechanger · 19/09/2021 20:52

Hey

Any idea on the best place to book a sandals hotel?

Have seen through virgin but not sure if there are cheaper places to book the hotels .

Looking at Barbados or St Lucia . Also any thoughts between two?

Thanks in advance

OP posts:
Please
or

BronteGirl · 20/09/2021 11:46

We usually book direct with Sandals and they seem to find us good deals often including business class flights, usually with BA from one of the London airports. We have also booked with BA direct on their holiday website - they were offering (might still be?) low deposit and nothing to pay until 3 weeks before departure which is reassuring in the current travel climate. Sorry, not been to either of these two resorts though - Sandals Grenada is our favourite.

Please
or

stevalnamechanger · 20/09/2021 15:48

@BronteGirl

We usually book direct with Sandals and they seem to find us good deals often including business class flights, usually with BA from one of the London airports. We have also booked with BA direct on their holiday website - they were offering (might still be?) low deposit and nothing to pay until 3 weeks before departure which is reassuring in the current travel climate. Sorry, not been to either of these two resorts though - Sandals Grenada is our favourite.

Oh that's really helpful thanks !

So my preference is Barbados but you need to test on arrival - St Lucia you don't .

What's the typical age range you see at these hotels?
OP posts:
Please
or

SherryPalmer · 20/09/2021 15:52

We went to Sandals St Lucia (can’t remember the name of the resort but it was the smaller, older one) about 11 years ago. We were mid-20s and met plenty of people of a similar age. Lots of Americans mainly.

Please
or

BronteGirl · 20/09/2021 16:44

We first went in our 40s - now early 50s. Some of the resorts seem to attract a younger crowd eg Sandals Ochi which is a bit more party scene. But big age mix at most resorts. Barbados is next on our list - mainly due to the two resorts being right next to each other and the range of restaurants etc.

Please
or

chocolatesaltyballs22 · 20/09/2021 16:46

Kenwood Travel are very good and I usually find them cheaper than Virgin Holidays. They've been very flexible with me, allowing me to rearrange my Barbados holiday twice.

Please
or

TakeYourFinalPosition · 20/09/2021 16:52

I’d do Saint Lucia, but I do love Barbados, I just wouldn’t do it at a Sandals.

Please
or

bert3400 · 20/09/2021 16:55

We booked direct flights with Virgin (to Barbados) then direct with the hotel. They have a huge Sale on untill 21/9 . Our first choice hotel was full (early January) but have found a lovely alternative. I looked at Sandals but didn't want to be around too many Americans as I find them too loud.

Please
or

stevalnamechanger · 20/09/2021 18:26

@TakeYourFinalPosition

I’d do Saint Lucia, but I do love Barbados, I just wouldn’t do it at a Sandals.

Where would you do it at ?

I'm flexible .. sandals just seemed to be easy pick
OP posts:
Please
or

stevalnamechanger · 20/09/2021 18:29

@bert3400

We booked direct flights with Virgin (to Barbados) then direct with the hotel. They have a huge Sale on untill 21/9 . Our first choice hotel was full (early January) but have found a lovely alternative. I looked at Sandals but didn't want to be around too many Americans as I find them too loud.

What was your first choice hotel please ?

I'm hesitant on doing Barbados due to the test and wait on arrival . Some people on the Facebook pages are saying 3-4 days !
OP posts:
Please
or

bert3400 · 20/09/2021 19:12

@stevalnamechanger

we originally wanted Colony Club hotel, we had booked this in June, but due to Covid had to cancel. Went to rebook for January and it's full. We are now in the Sugar Bay as the reviews looked good and it wasn't crazy money.
When are you going ?
I have heard rumours about delayed results, I think if the situation is the same in January, we may do private tests and hopefully they will guarantee quick results ?

Please
or

bert3400 · 20/09/2021 19:16

@stevalnamechanger
Just had a email from Jacks Flight club - Virgin flights to a few Carribbean destinations are very cheap but sale ends tomorrow

Please
or

stevalnamechanger · 22/09/2021 22:05

I'm now going to another Caribbean island not St Lucia or staying in a sandals 😂😅

Much better deals for this other Island , staying in a Royalton in about erm 6 weeks ! Cannot wait

OP posts:
Please
or

chocolatesaltyballs22 · 22/09/2021 22:12

Where you going OP? Spill!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?