Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Day 2 PCR test received over a month early

2 replies

SicParvisMagna · 09/09/2021 20:33

Hi all, wondering if someone can put my mind to rest. My husband and I are off to Athens in two weeks for a 5 day stay (returning on the 30th of September) and I ordered our day 2 pcr tests on the 24th of August after reading a great thread on here about the cheapest and highly reviewed labs. I ordered them from Nationwide pathology. I checked and double checked the details I put in, so I know I definitely put the correct info on the form. I was gobsmacked when both tests turned up in the post literally days later so a good month before we were meant to return.

Its just been playing on my mind a bit the closer it is to us departing. So, the test wont "go off" will it? Do they have a use by date, or will it be ok? Last thing I want to do is either have to buy a new test, or it wont be counted for whatever reason. The most important thing I suppose is at least I have the reference numbers for the Passenger Locator form!

This is probably a really stupid questions so apologies in advance!

OP posts:
Please
or

Franklin12 · 09/09/2021 23:14

It will be fine. You can keep until ready to use. Best to have it sooner rather than later. Are you talking about a Day 2 test which you take on or before Day 2 when you return back to the UK? No one seems to care about them or the results. They just need to know that you have ordered them and the reference number.

Please
or

SicParvisMagna · 10/09/2021 23:23

Yeah it's the one we take two days after our return. The ones pre departure I'll arrange in Athens.

Thanks for the reply though, it's definitely put my mind at rest!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?