Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Going to menorca tmrw- need help!

21 replies

lupinlass · 30/08/2021 15:39

I'm filling in the online Spain travel health form thing as we're off to menorca tmrw.

It's asking 'select the type of certificate you have' with the options

• EU covid digital certificate
  • other certificate

I take it I would click other certificate because the one from the NHS app isn't the EU Covid digital certificate

My brain is fried ... 🤯
OP posts:
Please
or

AuntLucy · 30/08/2021 15:44

It's 'other'. You can then enter your UK vaccine details. Don't forget to order your Day 2 tests before you go!

Please
or

lupinlass · 30/08/2021 15:45

Thank you so much !!

Got the day 2 tests ordered and have the lateral flows for when we're there.

OP posts:
Please
or

Queenie6655 · 30/08/2021 15:46

Have the best time ever

My family just got back and loved every minute xxx

Please
or

lupinlass · 30/08/2021 15:48

Oh god now it's asking for the certificates for my 3 dc. But they've not had any vaccinations at all. And then I can't continue the form....

OP posts:
Please
or

RussianSpy101 · 30/08/2021 15:50

Where did you book your day 2 tests please?
We’re going to Majorca in 2 weeks - both adults double vaxxed and 3 DC- 8,3&2.
I know dd8 will have to test on day 2 with me and DH.

Where do you get the lateral flow tests for day 5 of the holiday? And am I right that DD8 is except from that test as she’s under 11?

Please
or

olivo · 30/08/2021 15:53

It needs the fit to fly certificates for your children if they are over 11 ie showing the negative results of their pcr test.

Please
or

olivo · 30/08/2021 15:54

Oops, sorry, just saw their ages. It shouldn't ask for anything for them then as it should recognise their ages

Please
or

RussianSpy101 · 30/08/2021 15:56

Thank you!

Please
or

bifjufd · 30/08/2021 16:12

Are you sure you've input the children's ages correct? The form flags up when you enter their dat of birth with a message that says something like 'this child's date of birth shows they are under 11, please please continue it that is correct'

If your children are over 11 and getting PCR tests you select other certificates and there is an option for providing a PCR test 48 or 72 (I can't remember which) hours before your flight.

Take a deep breath and try not to work yourself up about the questions even though, in my opinion, they are worded strange.

I'm currently in Menorca and can relate to having a fried brain before we came, I promise it's all worth it!

The airport is a breeze we just showed our vaccine passport on the nhs app and our QR codes to prove we had done the Spanish passenger form at bag drop/check in, usual security process, then our Spanish QR codes were scanned again at Mahon, we got an email as soon as they were scanned telling us what to do if anyone in our party developed COVID symptoms.

It's beautiful here, it's in the high 20s with a lovely breeze, plenty of sunshine and not too busy, I'm so glad we came- it was well worth the stress of a few forms.

Please
or

RussianSpy101 · 30/08/2021 16:37

@bifjufd sounds lovely and I’m glad you’re having a great time.
What link did you use for the PLF please?

Please
or

bifjufd · 30/08/2021 18:18

@RussianSpy101 we booked with TUI so followed all the links on their websiteSmile

Please
or

Clearlyunhinged · 30/08/2021 18:20

Do you

Please
or

Queenie6655 · 30/08/2021 18:21

We used randox for day two tests
No day 5 needed as all adults were fully vax

They were great I must say

Please
or

lupinlass · 31/08/2021 06:06

Thanks!
We ordered the lft and day 2 tests from chromatics.

Can't wait to get there now! I just hope the M25 is kind.... 🚗 🚗 🚗

OP posts:
Please
or

bert3400 · 31/08/2021 06:16

Not sure if you got it sorted. Friends who visited me recently (I live in Spain) had a nightmare with the form when they were using the App , seem the website is much easier . Have a fantastic holiday, Spain is very safe, we are still being cautious and masks have to be worn indoors but everything is feeling quite normal.

Please
or

Whiskeywithwater · 01/09/2021 19:09

Just to say, we had our fit to fly tests dive at Splash in Punta Prima. So quick and easy. You don’t need to be a guest at the Insotel hotel to use the testing facility. Check in desk at Mahon glanced (literally) at our negative tests and uk locator form (just had screen shots on my phone), and no-one even checked at Gatwick!

Please
or

Cyrsethatballoon · 01/09/2021 21:59

Just to triple check, 3 adults here, all fully vaccinated, we don't need to test prior to flying out there do we? Just do a test two days before flying home and arrange for tests to be waiting for us for when we get home? It's all so confusing!

Please
or

RussianSpy101 · 02/09/2021 09:14

Yes that’s right @Cyrsethatballoon ! Enjoy your holiday

Please
or

Cyrsethatballoon · 02/09/2021 09:18

RussianSpy101

Thank you! Is it obvious where to get the tests done out there? Do they have to be PCR? Sorry for all the questions x

Please
or

Dizzy1234 · 02/09/2021 10:00

@Cursethatballoon
Order your 2 day test for your return before you leave the UK, you need the ID numbers of the tests for your return plf, when you order the tests you will get an email with the ID numbers on, we used Randox.
When you're there you need a LFT test within 72 hrs of your return flight, ask wherever you're staying where you can get one, usually at the local clinic. Take your passport with you when you go for the test.
Whilst you're there complete a return to the UK plf.

Please
or

Cyrsethatballoon · 02/09/2021 10:05

Dizzy1234

Thank you SO much xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?