Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Sorrento/Amalfi coast

5 replies

2catsand2kids · 29/08/2021 17:33

We are contemplating going to Sorrento/the Amalfi coast next April and had a couple of questions I hope people might be able to help with. It would be myself, dh and two dc (agreed 11 and 9). The questions are:

1. Does anyone have any accommodation recommendations in Sorrento that would suit a family if 4?

2. If you’ve been in April how was it? We’ve been to the Amalfi coast before many years ago in august but thought April might be better to go and visit Pompeii, Herculaneum etc.
3. Any recommendations for how many days you’d need, trips to definitely do whilst there etc.

Thank you for any advice!
OP posts:
Please
or

FakingMemories · 30/08/2021 01:07

The apartments at Tasso Suites are good for families

www.tassosuites.it/

Please
or

dibly · 30/08/2021 12:07

I’ve never been in April but had two rainy Italian holidays in June, so might rethink the timing. Beautiful part of the world, other must sees are Capri, Ravello, Positano and Amalfi, walk around Vesuvius. I’d go for a week, enjoy!

Please
or

rookiemere · 31/08/2021 12:15

We stayed here www.rotasuites.com/en/index.php best thing was for a fee you could use the bathing platform and pool at a nearby hotel - may not be open in April though.
We went October half term and had incredibly nice weather that was pleasant but not too hot for sight seeing. Our day trip to Capri which involved the chair lift was very successful. vesuvius and Pompeii less so due to getting off at the wrong train station and DS being sick on the way down the bus from vesuvius.
We did a split trip with Rome by getting the local train to Naples and then high speed train from there which only took about 1.5 hrs.

Please
or

Fandangoes · 31/08/2021 12:19

Positano is a gorgeous day trip

Please
or

LaLaFlottes · 05/09/2021 18:13

The Hilton in Sorrento is popular with families as it has a great pool and good sized rooms! Amazing views at breakfast too!
We went in July though so not sure about April.
I think DD was 12. From there we went to Capri for the day, Pompeii and generally explored - we then took a train to Rome for a few days - great holiday!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?