Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Will center parcs drop the swimming slots soon?

5 replies

Xlalalaladdd · 25/08/2021 09:01

Booked to go late September and really hope they do else theres not much for us to do with toddlers! Surely they can't justify it for much longer? Anyone got the inside track?

OP posts:
Please
or

ItsSnowJokes · 25/08/2021 09:08

You can book 4 slots for a midweek break now not just the 2. So it is getting better.

I think they will keep the booking slots personally. But up the amount of times you can go.

Please
or

Littlekittyscupcake · 25/08/2021 09:10

We won’t be going back unless they do. It spoiled our last holiday there.

Please
or

rooarsome · 25/08/2021 09:12

They're keeping them for the foreseeable future. It makes sense to them I guess- less people doing the free swimming and therefore spending more on activities!
It spoiled our last break though as it seemed more crammed in and busy, as opposed to people coming and going throughout.

Please
or

FluffMagnet · 25/08/2021 09:19

They put out an article claiming people preferred the slots. It is a nightmare with toddlers and you have to be quick booking your slots too otherwise you're left just with evening slots.

Please
or

Xlalalaladdd · 25/08/2021 09:37

@ItsSnowJokes

You can book 4 slots for a midweek break now not just the 2. So it is getting better.

I think they will keep the booking slots personally. But up the amount of times you can go.

Oh I didnt know that! Thanks for the update, that does make things better.
But yes, agree with the other poster that it's so hard to get a toddler on time somewhere! Plus we're going as a big family unit, so wanted to be able to do our own thing a bit, which we can't with pool slots.
Ah well fingers crossed it will change soon!
OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?