Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone been to Jamaica lately

9 replies

Libzreal · 21/08/2021 21:35

I’m thinking of going to Jamaica. Anxious about Covid though. How was the airport experience and Covid testing etc at the airport. Was it smooth or problematic?

OP posts:
Please
or

Pie8er · 22/08/2021 15:29

Hi, I’m currently sat on a beach in Jamaica. We had our tests done by Randox at Manchester Airport and all was fine. At check in you needed to show proof of a negative test and the Jamaica travel authorisation form. Once we’d checked our bags in etc the airport was an absolute breeze, easier than usual in fact.

The plane was fine, just needed to wear our masks. The airport in Jamaica was a little busy but fine. They took our temperature on arrival and handed out hand sanitizer. Everything was very straight forward. At our hotel they check your temperature when you enter a restaurant and ensure you’ve washed your hands/santized (they have these incredible arm washing machines). Hope this helps, anything else. Just ask Smile

Please
or

Libzreal · 22/08/2021 21:31

Ok thank you. Is the hotel busy? I’m conscious of social distancing. I don’t want people on top of me !!

OP posts:
Please
or

Pie8er · 22/08/2021 22:43

There are signs everywhere saying they’re working at 70% capacity. It doesn’t feel particularly busy. They have removed sun beds and tables so there’s more space between people. They’re very much on the Covid safety measures, you won’t be served at the bar without a mask on.

Please
or

NoSauce · 22/08/2021 23:54

I would wait till the next review as the covid figures aren’t great.

Please
or

Hairbrush123 · 23/08/2021 00:07

Jamaica is unfortunately in a lockdown right now for a week. I would wait for the review before you book anything

Please
or

Delatron · 23/08/2021 08:13

There is talk of places like St Lucia going red so I would wait a few days and find out when the next review will be. It’s all such a farce with this traffic light system.

Please
or

Libzreal · 24/08/2021 21:48

Ok thanks. Waiting for the next travel review. I long to go to Jamaica. Annoying Covid

OP posts:
Please
or

babyblackbird · 25/08/2021 16:18

Just reading that speculation is that Jamaica possibly heading to the red list and also possibly St Lucia - we weee literally about to book to revisit a hotel we have stayed at before in Jamaica at Christmas but have been totally put off now as don't think insurance would cover us if we booked when it was red. Confused

Please
or

babyblackbird · 25/08/2021 16:19

Next review either later today or tomorrow apparently

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?