Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone used Chronomics return to uk tests?

11 replies

LittleRen · 17/08/2021 12:45

Hi has anyone used the Chronomics antigen fit to fly for return to uk? We have done it but the certificate seems very brief compared to the C19 cert - the C19 mentions sensitivity / accuracy etc but Chronomics doesn’t mention any of this.

Is it definitely ok to get us back into the Uk? I do have c19 tests with us but wanted to keep them incase anything happens eg we are massively delayed, flight cancelled etc.

Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

Planesandflying · 17/08/2021 12:46

F

Please
or

User1234123 · 18/08/2021 01:58

Yep. Used it to get back from Romania with Ryanair. All checked out ok when they inspected the forms before boarding for return flight.

I mean..with Chronomics, they are trusting you to be honest. You have to upload a photo of your test result, but you’ll get the fit to fly certificate about 10 seconds after you do this! So obviously they’re not checking these on a large scale.

100 percent there will have been situations where people have done a “trial run” with some LFs they brought, realised they’re positive and what that entails, and rigged the Chronomics test.

Please
or

Augtwo · 18/08/2021 04:23

Following I have ordered from Chronomics too.

Please
or

LittleRen · 18/08/2021 10:47

I ended up using the c19 tests. A bit paranoid I know but they seem to check paperwork quite closely in Portugal… may not be the case on our return though. Probably didn’t need to use the c19!!

The c19 tests are actually checked - get the certs a couple of hours later. Again can be rigged quite easily!

OP posts:
Please
or

Home06 · 18/08/2021 16:06

I used these for outward and return tests to Portugal. They were fine both ways. The gov website has a list of accepted lfts and they are listed by their lab name which you can find on the box. I felt uncertain due to lack of checks too but even the day 2 PCR can be rigged if a person wanted to.

Please
or

LittleRen · 18/08/2021 21:08

@Home06 thanks for the reply. Can I ask was faro airport busy? We have been told to get there three hours before a 5pm flight!!

OP posts:
Please
or

MrsSDK · 18/08/2021 21:22

Used them last week to return from Majorca. Nervous too as they didn't seem very formal but no problems. Sent off day 2 test last Weds, still waiting for results so overall not impressed!

Please
or

Home06 · 18/08/2021 23:08

We did get to Faro airport early but check in didn't open until two and half hours before. There seemed to be people at passport control who were worried about missing their flight so not sure if there had been delays.

Please
or

Home06 · 18/08/2021 23:13

So I would say yes it was fairly busy at check in and passport control. I would get there about two and half hours before (three if you are cautious)!

Please
or

MrsSDK · 24/08/2021 19:56

Hey, for anyone interested we just got our day 2 test results 13 days after posting!

Please
or

LittleRen · 24/08/2021 20:52

We used Randox for day 2 - put them in a drop box 5pm and had all results by 6pm next day. Recommend!!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?