Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Passport in maiden name / Covid passport in married name

4 replies

TurquoiseKiss · 17/08/2021 11:42

Has anyone else had this issue? My passport is still in my maiden name - I travelled a lot for work pre-pandemic so there was never an ideal time to send it for renewal.

I have however changed my name on my drivers licence/GP surgery + NHS records etc. We travel in 4 weeks time from UK to an EU country, downloaded my Covid passport yesterday - above the QR code is my full (married) name.

If I brought my original marriage cert and my driving licence would this suffice? Or best to contact the airline to ask in advance? Do they just want a QR code that scans to confirm 2 jabs or are they hot on passport matching name on NHS app?

• Kicking myself I didn't just do passport name change/renewal during lockdown - 🙄
OP posts:
Please
or

Pissinthepottyplease · 17/08/2021 12:14

There have been posts on this before. You need to change back to your maiden name at the GP.

Please
or

Wigglegiggle0520 · 17/08/2021 12:25

OP so glad you posted this I hadn’t even considered it.

Please
or

Carrotcakeforbreakfast · 17/08/2021 15:31

This happened to me too
I had to change my name at the gp.

Had to get deed poll too.
Was all fine in the end.

Please
or

TurquoiseKiss · 17/08/2021 19:33

Thanks everyone for responding. I will contact my GP surgery.

I don't use Twitter myself but searched these words on there a few hours ago and the airline I'm flying with has Tweeted/responded to others asking the same question to say bring a copy of your marriage cert and they will accept the different name. I've taken a screen grab as evidence! But I'll do the GP thing, at least then there won't be any doubt.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?